By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ESPN journalist Chris Broussard on NBA's Jason Collins: Homosexuality is a sin and living in sin isn't Christian

What a dick.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
Cueil said:
prayformojo said:
ps3-sales! said:
Why are you condemning him for his opinion? That's pretty ignorant. Christians don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle; you act as if that's news?

Opinions are fine, but when it becomes a politcal CAMPAIGN? That's when I get mad. Alot of these Christian groups want acutal laws to prevent equal rights because of their belief system. To me, that's when the line is drawn and the fighting begins.

THIS makes me want to punch people in the face... They have equal rights... what you're talking about is special rights for a group of poeple who choose to live an alternate life style... and don't give me "it's not a choice" I make choices every day contrary to what I am.  Rights should be made to make sure they are not discriminated against and laws to assure that they are not pursicuted to protect them from violence. They should not get special rights to marry their partner.

bla bla bla

Do you know what equal means?  It's not a special right to marry, it's a right that heteros have & have had forever.  Homosexuals aren't trying to take marriage away from you,  if you're worried about "The sanctity of marrige between a man & a woman!" maybe you should go protest one of those frog weddings in India first.  Also, when did you choose to be a heterosexual?  What's that, you've always been attracted to girls and never needed to choose anything?  It's the same way with homosexuals, they always have been attracted to their same gender & never needed to choose anything, just like you.  So why should you have more rights then them, it seems you're the one who want's the "special rights" in this situation.

What this basketball player did was brilliant. If there are homophobic players there in the NBA they will refuse to guard him and let him play, like saying: "What, I ain't rubbing my stuff against that guy, probably I'll give him a boner or something."

Expect his most successful season just right ahead.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

MoiseHnkel said:
yum123 said:
why the fuck do all these weirdos think god wrote the bible. if he is real he doesnt have a fricken pen. It was clearly written by other people and so many millions just follow peoples opinions from centuries ago

Are you mad ! you know nothing about the holy trinity ??? god - jesus and the holy spirit

the holy spirit who take control of the Disciple to write the bible it was literaly a event and absolutly not some dudes on Drugs.

sounds like your the one on drugs if you believe that.

yum123 said:
MoiseHnkel said:
yum123 said:
why the fuck do all these weirdos think god wrote the bible. if he is real he doesnt have a fricken pen. It was clearly written by other people and so many millions just follow peoples opinions from centuries ago

Are you mad ! you know nothing about the holy trinity ??? god - jesus and the holy spirit

the holy spirit who take control of the Disciple to write the bible it was literaly a event and absolutly not some dudes on Drugs.

Whelp, you won't last long.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
yum123 said:
MoiseHnkel said:
yum123 said:

Why? im just stating my opinion on views. its an objective and logical view mine is

naruball said:
mrstickball said:
pezus said:
Max King of the Wild said:
crissindahouse said:
ps3-sales! said:
Why are you condemning him for his opinion? That's pretty ignorant. Christians don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle; you act as if that's news?

i know enough christians who do

There is a difference between being accepting and loving people (which is what Jesus taught and what Christians should strive for) and agreeing with it.

If you say being a homosexual is a sin, then you're not accepting and loving and therefore it could be argued that you aren't a good Christian. I would also argue that accepting and loving someone is the same as "agreeing" with him. Agreeing doesn't mean you yourself have to do the same things homosexuals do. It just means that you understand that not everyone prefers the same gender as you do.

Do you even understand what a Christian is?

A Christian takes certain stands against certain acts and lifestyles. You can accept and love someone, but still know what they do is sin. If you cannot understand that concept, then I don't think you understand Christianity at all.

There's a huge difference between considering something a sin and expressing your opinion in a way that affects other people. As a Christian I strongly disapprove of people who cheat on their partners and of people who desire other people's wives/husbands/gfs/bfs, but I don't go around calling them sinners, though they do sin. If they were to ask me, I'd tell them that yes, it is a sin, but it's none of my business or place to tell them what to do. 

Also, by telling gay people that you don't like their lifestyle is more similar to telling black people that you don't approve of their "blackness" than telling cheaters that they sin when they're cheating, as being gay is not a choice.

Being gay in and of itself is not a sin. But the act is. It's been referenced throughout Christendom.

There are many things that people are inclined to do through genetics, yes. But the whole idea of Christianity is to grow and overcome things that are inherent in the fleshly nature.

Take pedophilia. Some may say that its a natural affinity. Does that make it right? Should it be something that people should strive to overcome, or simply say "I can't help it, I must let it rule my life"? No, Christianity is affront to that.

Sexuality is wrapped up in a lot of different lifestyles, and people can be born many different ways. That is why Paul, when discussing sexuality, said that he wishes more people would be as he was - celebate - but knew that such a choice was very difficult, thus why he perscribed heterosexual marriage as an alternative.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

yum123 said:
outlawauron said:
yum123 said:
MoiseHnkel said:
yum123 said:

Why? im just stating my opinion on views. its an objective and logical view mine is

Your view is fine but how you're talking to people by implying that he is crazy and must be on drugs for believing what millions upon millions believe.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Max King of the Wild said:
He says a lot more than just homosexuals. Honestly, whats the big deal? He believes what he says. You believe the opposite. Okay.

Though I think his definition of being a Christian is wrong. I don't think he says anything too controversial.

It's because he sounds similar to this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLLDn7MjbF0

Both are old dinosaurs that are dying out. The bigotry on VGC still surprises me - especially when about half of the Christians in the USA even go so far as to support Same Sex Marriage.

It's a bit odd, people publicly wouldn't be so racist or sexist, but feel free to be anti-gay.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

outlawauron said:
yum123 said:
outlawauron said:
yum123 said:
MoiseHnkel said:
yum123 said:

Your view is fine but how you're talking to people by implying that he is crazy and must be on drugs for believing what millions upon millions believe.

Spose I over reacted. was just reacting to him preaching like its a fact and his strong views on thinking im mad