By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Next-Gen Xbox Is Getting a Hell of an Exclusive, Sources Say

There's that always online thing again... that's gonna hurt if its true. What if my internet is complete butt? Piracy is bad but not selling any consoles is badder. "Hey Ljink, badder isn't a word!" I know, whoever was going to post that.

Around the Network

Machiavellian said:

If you actually did some research you would fine that the 360 has quite the diverse library.  Actually I remember a time when the 360 was flooded with exclusive RPGS

Well... three or four RPGs not come to PS3 but in fact the PS3 is the King of Exclusive RPGs.

sully1311 said:
Is this why EA weren't at the PS4 reveal?

If anything EA not being at PS4 reveal was probably a good sign. Look what happened when they jumped up and down on stage at E3 holding hands with Nintendo yelling rejoicefully unprecident support.  Then they vanished haha. 

Ljink96 said:
There's that always online thing again... that's gonna hurt if its true. What if my internet is complete butt? Piracy is bad but not selling any consoles is badder. "Hey Ljink, badder isn't a word!" I know, whoever was going to post that.

That was stated in the context of this game which they are saying is an online multiplayer game... if that turns out to be the case then ofcourse it will be 'always online'.

Man all this xbox news is getting me more and more excited.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Machiavellian said:

If you actually did some research you would fine that the 360 has quite the diverse library.  Actually I remember a time when the 360 was flooded with exclusive RPGS

Well... three or four RPGs not come to PS3 but in fact the PS3 is the King of Exclusive RPGs.

Thats now but during the hayday for the 360, I remember it was getting way more exclusive RPGs before they arrived on the PS3.  Some did not arrive at all.  This was probably when MS was spending a lot of money in Japan to try to gain some marketshare.  Now the PS3 get more RPGs but then again those are the games that sell in Japan and the 360 does not not have a presence.

If the rumor is true, I'm glad to see Microsoft recruiting third-party developers to make games for its consoles.

But it's hard for me to get too excited about this rumored game because "futuristic multiplayer-centric online shooter" just doesn't sound so interesting to me. I'm a single-player first kind of a guy, so the absence of a single-player campaign is a little disappointing. Although I'm very happy about the inclusion of bots.

Also, another sci-fi first-person shooter on Xbox seems like overkill. Microsoft already owns Halo -- the undisputed king -- plus this rumored game from Black Tusk and now this rumored game from Respawn.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
ethomaz said:

Kaz predicted that today before the article out (of couse he had his own sources).

Gamer: Variety!

Microsoft: Shooter!

Sony: Killzone: Shadow Fall - sci-fi shooter.

Playstationfan12 said:
oh boy another xbox exclusive shooter, how exciting. seriously, cant xbox have anything other than shooters?

Of course they have. Why do you exaggerate?

Interesting! That could be very interesting, and a big win for the new console.

Hmmm, this stood out to me: "Our sources have told us that Sony is in better shape and further along with hardware and software development for PlayStation 4 than Microsoft is with Durango."

Might that imply that the new Xbox is a bit more powerful than the rumors? Or why would they be having troubles? It's not like the rumors are that innovative and different.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!