By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Next-Gen Xbox Is Getting a Hell of an Exclusive, Sources Say

NobleTeam360 said:
drkohler said:
BenVTrigger said:
Megaton if true

Wow.. NextBox gets an exclusive game - who would have guesed that....

And the makers say it's the coolest game ever - now noone saw that coming...

Seriously people, what is wrong with all those content-free threads that are popping up (or more precisely, are copied from other websites the minute they go up there)?

Yeah it is a big deal if it comes from EA and it is only on Xbox.

Plus its from respawn and its a shooter! :)

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ethomaz said:

Kaz predicted that today before the article out (of couse he had his own sources).

Gamer: Variety!

Microsoft: Shooter!

PS4 reveal highlighted TWO futuristic sci-fi FPS's (Killzone and Destiny), so why are you calling out MS for something that they haven't even done yet when Sony did exactly what you're stating ... ?

OT:  So how are all of these comments from obvious Playstation fans about shooters on the next Xbox not considered trolling by the mods???

LOL....

So there was no Knack, Last of Us, InFamous, The Witness and other various games shown. LOL Sony might make shooters, but their identity isnt wrapped around shooters. Even you can admit that. Dont tell me when you think PS3 you think Killzone alone....no..no my friend.

P.S.

I will make a bold prediction and say, yes, very, very boldly that Microsoft just made a studio called Black Tusk that will eventually unveil another shooter. ;)

Zappykins said:
Interesting! That could be very interesting, and a big win for the new console.

Hmmm, this stood out to me: "Our sources have told us that Sony is in better shape and further along with hardware and software development for PlayStation 4 than Microsoft is with Durango."

Might that imply that the new Xbox is a bit more powerful than the rumors? Or why would they be having troubles? It's not like the rumors are that innovative and different.

Yes, I thought so, too. But it could also mean that MS wants to reduce the performance-advantage PS4 perhaps has by higher clock. Only 3 weeks left!

BenVTrigger said:
Megaton if true

Overstating things a bit no?

Megaton is an existing popular multiplat franchise going exclusive, or an existing popular exclusive franchise going multiplat, at the begoinning of a new generation.

This is a new IP from a new developer, with some guys who have a good reputation for multiplayer FPS.

It is for sure a very good grab by MS. What surprises me though is not that they got PS4 shut out, but that they've shut out the PC too (right?).

For me, one less FPS franchise on Playstation is good news.

I actually hope the next generation is the generation of something other than FPS.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
BenVTrigger said:
Megaton if true

Megaton is an existing popular multiplat franchise going exclusive, or an existing popular exclusive franchise going multiplat, at the begoinning of a new generation.

This is a new IP from a new developer, with some guys who have a good reputation for multiplayer FPS.

It is for sure a very good grab by MS. What surprises me though is not that they got PS4 shut out, but that they've shut out the PC too (right?).

I actually hope the next generation is the generation of something other than FPS.

Please not JPRGs...  And why is one less FPS franchise good? I thought Playstation was always strong because of variety...

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
binary solo said:
BenVTrigger said:
Megaton if true

Please not JPRGs...  And why is one less FPS franchise good? I thought Playstation was always strong because of variety...

noooooo.. we need the jrpg golden era to return

BenVTrigger said:
ethomaz said:

BenVTrigger said:

I cant wait for the 21st either, just to see how some users will try to downplay the info

What info?

Itll play used games, wont require an internet connection to play games, and will have multiple huge exclusives.

Im excited to see how certain users here will react to the info

what if your wrong? i believe the rumours aren't true, but the chances off it happening isn't impossible

007BondAgent said:
BenVTrigger said:
ethomaz said:

BenVTrigger said:

I cant wait for the 21st either, just to see how some users will try to downplay the info

What info?

Itll play used games, wont require an internet connection to play games, and will have multiple huge exclusives.

Im excited to see how certain users here will react to the info

what if your wrong? i believe the rumours aren't true, but the chances off it happening isn't impossible

Perhaps you take another look at vgleaks.

binary solo said:
BenVTrigger said:
Megaton if true

Having a good FPS on the Playstation isn't always a bad thing. Sony needs to hire more people who worked on the greater FPS titles out there. Microsoft did that and kept Halo afloat with 343. 

walsufnir said:
binary solo said:
BenVTrigger said:
Megaton if true

If Sony focuses on JRPG's again like the did during he PSone and PS2 era, the Japanese will buy PS4's like hot cakes. The Japanese barely bought PS3's because they were alienated by Sony focusing so much on western games. The Japanese were basically forced into Wii/DS mode.