By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only person here who dislikes GTA?

I generally don't like racing games. But when I was younger I played GTA 2 and I really enjoyed it.

Around the Network

I love open world games and no one does them better,then rockstar. I love the freedom 2 do whatever I want,whenever I want. That's the ultimate in videogames,as far as I'm concerned.

No, you are not! I think GTA is fun for about 10m and then gets extremely boring. The most fun thing in the game is to get a wanted rating and escaping the police.
Objectively speaking though, on-foot shooting is bad, driving is bad and the pacing of the game is often boring. I think the characters and stories are ok, even if not my cup of tea. They tend to be one-dimensional.

Oh, they are always the same game with a different paint aswell since GTA3. GTA3 was actually the only one i bought myself. I enjoyed it, but i was done after that.

While I don't hate it, I am pretty indifferent about the GTA franchise. My lil bro loves the games, but they are just not my thing. Open world games overall are not in my favorite genres, with the exception of Dead Island and InFamous 1 and 2.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

outlawauron said:
I generally just dislike open world games. Elder Scrolls isn't too bad, but GTA, Red Dead Redemption, and just every Rockstar game have been very underwhelming.

I'll have to disagree with you.

Around the Network
Wright said:
outlawauron said:
I generally just dislike open world games. Elder Scrolls isn't too bad, but GTA, Red Dead Redemption, and just every Rockstar game have been very underwhelming.

I've never played any of the Max Payne titles. Still haven't had the desire to yet.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Like, GTA games are a bore - generic characters and story, repetitive filler missions. Rockstar should really sit down and play Mafia.. oh but GTA games sell really well, what am I talking about.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

outlawauron said:
Wright said:
outlawauron said:

I've never played any of the Max Payne titles. Still haven't had the desire to yet.

For being a western game based upon one of the most cliché stories regarding a cop as the main protagonist, I'd say the Max Payne games (mind you, the first two were made by Remedy, not Rockstar) are pretty awesome. You should give 'em a try, just to see if they're your cup of tea.

Bump.

Damn was I wrong, GTA V is amazing, Rockstar fucked around and dropped a classic on me.

GTA >>>>>>> 

Daisuke72 said:

So like, I used to love Grand Theft Auto as a teenager and stuff. So like, recently I downloaded GTA San Andreas on PSN and played it, and realized that at the core, the game itself isn't very good. At all. And it made me realize just how overrated GTA is. Like, seriously, the gameplay mechanics comes down to auto-aim shooting people, carpooling missions, making sure people don't die, retrieving this and that, and so forth. Furthermore the story is so ridiculous, like, I don't mind it doesn't take itself seriously. But seriously, at the core I simply don't enjoy the games anymore. I mean, all I do is run around and shoot people, drive cars...and that's it. It's like no one ever talks about GTA's story, no, they talk about how fun going on a rampage is. Like, seriously. Most people I know don't even complete the missions in GTA, they just go on rampages and play the mini-games in the game. That and the AI is downright terrible at times. Like, really, really bad. 

It's like every GTA game is the same, ludicrous story and joke characters, auto-aim, carpool missions, rescue missions, assault missions, car jacking, etc. Like, it just gets boring after awhile. It's like, you just run around doing random shit the entire game that doesn't make any sense story-wise and what's worse is that most of the shit isn't even funny. Like, Grand Theft Auto is so overrated playing San Andreas recently seriously dropped all my hype for GTA V. I really don't find the appeal in GTA anymore, sorry. 

I don't like any of the early GTA games.  GTA4 was the first  one that actually felt like a good game.  Missions were well designed and the game actually controlled well. 

As much as people hated on Driv3r, it was better than GTA3 and Vice City in my opinion.  The missions were better.  It's just that one end game mission that was so punishing that I ended up quitting.