By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only person here who dislikes GTA?

BasilZero said:
KHlover said:
BasilZero said:
KHlover said:
I bought GTA IV this saturday on Steam, I have put 20hrs. into the game so far and have yet to start it today...It must do something very right. A WiiU version of GTA V would be day-1 for me, I'd probably even give up on Wind Waker HD for it.

You should of gotten the GTA Complete Collection which had all the games so far in the series (except for the London and China Town wars games) for $12.49 D:

Did you get....Episodes from Liberty City :O? We should play the multiplayer together if you did *-*!

Sry, I didn't. With all the bills I had to pay this month I couldn't even justify the additional 5€ for both DLC's, especially not with the ~3000€ I still have to pay my parents for my car^^

We could play the multiplayer in the main game, though (or do you just have the stand-alone DLC's?)

Does the main game have multiplayer? o.O

I have all of the games on Steam from the GTA Collection bundle (although I bought mine last christmas).

-GTA1
-GTA2
-GTA3
-GTA Vice City
-GTA San Andreas
-GTA4
-GTA Episodes from Liberty City

Yes, the main game has multiplayer. You can select the multiplayer from your phone lol. Care for a round? I have no idea how it is like^^

Around the Network

Have to disagree, I absolutely love GTA: San Andreas. Probably one of my most played games of all time.

VGKing said:
curl-6 said:
No, you're not.
I never liked GTA, any of them. Too aimless, too boring, and the missions get repetitive. Simply not fun.

Enjoy being part of the minority :D I'm not crazy about GTA, but I can enjoy the games.
You're a Nintendo gamer right? Have you even played a GTA game? I'm just asking because it seems like you're just repeating what you hear....

I'm not a Nintendo ONLY gamer. I played San Andreas on Xbox, and GTA4 on a friend's PS3.

brendude13 said:
Have to disagree, I absolutely love GTA: San Andreas. Probably one of my most played games of all time.

Like I said, when I was a teenager I loved playing GTA, especially San Andreas, I easily put over 100 hours of gameplay into that game.

But playing it now...like...the game mechanics aren't good, at all. The shooting, the missions, the story is OK at times, the characters range from downright terrible to bad, and the minigames are boring. I really don't see the appeal in GTA like I used to. 

KHlover said:
BasilZero said:
KHlover said:
BasilZero said:
KHlover said:
I bought GTA IV this saturday on Steam, I have put 20hrs. into the game so far and have yet to start it today...It must do something very right. A WiiU version of GTA V would be day-1 for me, I'd probably even give up on Wind Waker HD for it.

You should of gotten the GTA Complete Collection which had all the games so far in the series (except for the London and China Town wars games) for $12.49 D:

Did you get....Episodes from Liberty City :O? We should play the multiplayer together if you did *-*!

Sry, I didn't. With all the bills I had to pay this month I couldn't even justify the additional 5€ for both DLC's, especially not with the ~3000€ I still have to pay my parents for my car^^

We could play the multiplayer in the main game, though (or do you just have the stand-alone DLC's?)

Does the main game have multiplayer? o.O

I have all of the games on Steam from the GTA Collection bundle (although I bought mine last christmas).

-GTA1
-GTA2
-GTA3
-GTA Vice City
-GTA San Andreas
-GTA4
-GTA Episodes from Liberty City

Yes, the main game has multiplayer. You can select the multiplayer from your phone lol. Care for a round? I have no idea how it is like^^

only 4 does and most likely 5 will as well 

Around the Network

@OP no, you're not the only one. I honestly never liked a single GTA game, and that dates all the way back to the overhead 2D ones that most people seem to have forgotten about. I like the open world, "sandbox" concept when it's done right, but the storylines and setting have never really appealed to me.

P.S. Kudos to the dumbasses that assume if you don't like something like GTA, that "oh, well you just must've never played it then". As if it's impossible to not just not like something.

I'm not a fan of the GTA series. Every GTA game I've played has left me bored with the gameplay and apathetic toward the characters and events. It feels like I'm playing a bad mobster movie from the 90s. I just don't care about what I'm doing in the game world. I don't find them to be engaging from any standpoint. Besides, like LA Noire, all the time wasted running around makes me want to scream and switch to something else.

GTA 5 isn't on my radar at all.

I enjoyed the overhead first two and London and was okay with the transition to 3D with 3, but the magic did start to wear off and 4 was just forgettable. If you want early GTA I'd suggest Saint's Row gets it better in my opinion. I have no desire to play GTA 5 right now.

I am not into GTA either.

Well many of your issues with GTA like the unfocused and completely non-sense story and missions look like they will be remedied with GTAV, which judging only from the trailer looks to be a much more story driven and character focused game compared to its predecessors.

The first few GTA games were basically send-ups of the classic mob and gangster films with some sophomoric humor thrown in for good measure, which is why they generally lack a strong, cohesive story element. GTAIV tried to take a (somewhat) more serious approach and focus more on the story, but I think it failed to strike a good balance between the two elements. I personally cant wait to see some actual gameplay for GTAV to see how the game compares to its contemporaries like the upcoming Watch Dogs or recent R* games like Red Dead Redemption.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.