By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only person here who dislikes GTA?

No, absolutely not the only one.
All of them aside from GTA3 (thanks to the newness and scale of it) and Vice City (thanks to PERFECT atmosphere), have been of no interest to me personally. They're overrated, boring, and rife with the same cliches or just pointlessness.

Around the Network

I havent enjoyed anyone of them and 5 doesnt appeal.  I think I am too law abiding and too experienced in the real world for this to hold any apeal.

I could see it would appeal to teenages who havent learned to drive or fly a plane or drive a boat yet and dont know the value of the law

GTA is vastly overrated and hyped in my opinion. This goes for just about every Rockstar game though, I don't know what they did to deserve such praise. I can't say they are bad games objectively, because obviously they are technically impressive. Gameplay-wise however, the things that are actually important, it's severely lacking. Since you can do almost everything, you are actually doing nothing. The games are completely aimless. 97 metascore? Nowhere near.

I love GTA, but, since the install base of the HD twins is 140 million consoles and the GTA games sell around 40 million each, I guess there are 100 million people that don´t like GTA.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

S.Peelman said:
GTA is vastly overrated and hyped in my opinion. This goes for just about every Rockstar game though, I don't know what they did to deserve such praise. I can't say they are bad games objectively, because obviously they are technically impressive. Gameplay-wise however, the things that are actually important, it's severely lacking. Since you can do almost everything, you are actually doing nothing. The games are completely aimless. 97 metascore? Nowhere near.

These are my thoughts, as well.

Around the Network

not my cup of tea, there's hundreds - thousands of other games I can and do play though so no skin off my nose.

For those who enjoy GTA I sincerely hope your having fun with 5!

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)