By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS4 outsell the XBox One and WiiU?

Yes, and it will also cure cancer.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

tough one to predict.. i'll go with
PS4 - 110m
720 - 86m
WIIU- 22m

goopy20 said:
If all the Xbox rumours are true and it launches at 499 vs a 399 ps4, then it will be 80% Sony and MS/ Nintendo getting the scraps.

80% Sony? That'd be even moreso than the PS2 era. Which isn't going to happen.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I've heard the same every generation.

Also, people seem to be underestimating a First party nintendo game's selling power

Around the Network

Too little information to go on at the moment, we still don't have the price yet.

But given the fact that Sony have done pretty much everything right so far, the Wii U is currently selling poorly and there are many nasty rumours circulating about the Next Box, I'd say it has a pretty good chance.

Flanneryaug said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Flanneryaug said:
I don't get why people think that the PS4 is going to do incredibly well. The most powerful console hasn't won since the 4th generation, because most consumers don't care about graphics. Also, we are still lacking a lot of information about the PS4, like how much will it cost. Most people that got a PS3 got one later into the 7th gen, and aren't likely to buy its successor for a couple of years.

Because the Playstation has always dominated and has picked up track with the PS3's last years. We all know how things went with the PS3 already and why it ended where it did. Micro did a good job at taking advantage of circumstances, Nintendo did a great job at grabbing people who usually don't play video games. Now Nintendo is in their usual place of previous generation and the battle of first place will be decided by which console between the PS4 and NextBox gets a hold of the gamers that are willing to shift between consoles. like those that changed PS for Xbox, and those that grab new gamers. Unless global warming gets even worse and dwindles the market.

The fact that the PS3 picked up traction in the last few years is why I think the PS4 will have a slow start. People that just spent around $300 on a console recently aren't likely to buy a PS4 early on. The ones that bought a PS3 around launch might, but there weren't many of those people.

It is a process, early adopters are not necessarily the ones that just bought a new console. It isn't like sells will be defined the first week and all the people that are going to buy a console next generation will do so at the very first week. It will be the usual stuff, first days will be huge sells for the respective consoles and then they will sell slowly, going into sells hikes during strong software releases and holidays. It isn't like Sony sold those 74 millions last year, there are people ready to make a transition to the next gen already.The winner will be defined by who sells the 20, 30, 40 etc. of thousands above the competition once sells settle.

I am one of those that bought the PS3 during the 2009 resurgence, I will buy the PS4 as soon as I can.

The difference between Xbox and PS will be what I mentioned, who grabs the gamers willing to shift and possible new gamers. Xbox however has an advantage and comes to be of their own creation as well: achievements and online play. Those aspects have given this past generation another reason for people to feel attached to a console, and that may make the switching between consoles rather difficult for some, especially with the state of global warming. We'll just have to wait and see.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Obvious thread is obvious. Outta here.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

AbbathTheGrim said:
platformmaster918 said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Foolish question. Since the PS4 is the most powerfull console ever, it has already won.

yeah cause power has always won things in the past *looks at Wii, PS2, and PS1*

He is just trying to troll the importance of power in a console while demonstrating that he is oblivious at the strength of the PS brand and what it has to offer beyond power.

I've been tricked?  Well played.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Conegamer said:
I think you're all predicting too high total figures. I think around 150mil combined for all consoles will be about right, it could be around 60-50-40. But which console fits in where, it's too early to tell.

I think that's way too low. This gen is gonna end with around 300m combined (currently on 250m). I agree the home console market will shrink but no where near halve. 

op: The only thing at this point I'd be comfortable predicting is Wii U being 3rd but that's still not a given. We'll get a clearer picture on the 21st when I win one of my bets so I'll start making the real PS4 vs Nextbox predictions then, but just for the sake of it:

Wii U: 55M

PS4: 120M

Nextbox: 85M