By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS4 outsell the XBox One and WiiU?

platformmaster918 said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Foolish question. Since the PS4 is the most powerfull console ever, it has already won.

yeah cause power has always won things in the past *looks at Wii, PS2, and PS1*

The power of Sony will ensure victory.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

This is going to be a shorter than normal gens, I believe.....

I am calling
PS4: 75-80 M
Xbox Infinity: 50-60 M
Wii U: 30-40 M

Microsoft cut down Sonys marketshare a bit, but hasnt cut down their popularity. If they keep their internet free and keep putting out games Sony could definitely be in a position for a quick start. Thank god Kutaragi didnt develop the PS4 or else Sony would be fucked with developers.

Flanneryaug said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Flanneryaug said:
I don't get why people think that the PS4 is going to do incredibly well. The most powerful console hasn't won since the 4th generation, because most consumers don't care about graphics. Also, we are still lacking a lot of information about the PS4, like how much will it cost. Most people that got a PS3 got one later into the 7th gen, and aren't likely to buy its successor for a couple of years.

Because the Playstation has always dominated and has picked up track with the PS3's last years. We all know how things went with the PS3 already and why it ended where it did. Micro did a good job at taking advantage of circumstances, Nintendo did a great job at grabbing people who usually don't play video games. Now Nintendo is in their usual place of previous generation and the battle of first place will be decided by which console between the PS4 and NextBox gets a hold of the gamers that are willing to shift between consoles. like those that changed PS for Xbox, and those that grab new gamers. Unless global warming gets even worse and dwindles the market.

The fact that the PS3 picked up traction in the last few years is why I think the PS4 will have a slow start. People that just spent around $300 on a console recently aren't likely to buy a PS4 early on. The ones that bought a PS3 around launch might, but there weren't many of those people.

keep in mind this has been a longer than usual so it might have a faster start as a result of people being tired of these systems.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Anyone predicting 100 Million or more for any console this generation is just thinking hopefully. For one, we know just as much about how this generation will end as we do when Square Enix starts developing Kingdom Hearts III. Two, this generation will most likely be a lot less bloated (Sales-wise) compared to last gen.

ChristianSoldier said:
Also, people seem to be underestimating a First party nintendo game's selling power

Not really. I mean, they're some of the biggest sellers you could ask for, but they aren't miracle workers. Look at Gamecube (22M) or N64 (32M)... both show Nintendo consoles can't sell themselves on Nintendo software alone. I see a similar but slightly better fate for Wii U (which isn't necessarily bad).

Around the Network

if xbox has always online drm were going to be looking at the ps2 days again

this is premature. sure ps4 has a better line up than wiiu but we know almost nothing about nextbox. it could have more/better games than ps4 and wiiu but we wont find out till may 21.

I think microsoft will win their first gen with the nextbox. We know little but I reckon that they have something special lined up.

007BondAgent said:
tough one to predict.. i'll go with
PS4 - 110m
720 - 86m
WIIU- 22m

Only 110 Million for PS4? Surely it can do more!

Proclus said:
WiiU? Maybe or maybe not.
X720? Maybe or maybe not.
Both? No.

PS4 might end up selling most, or least, or middle.

That's how we predict, well done !