By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Reveal Had No 'Material Impact' On Microsoft

NobleTeam360 said:
So originally people thought MS was going to try and rush the next Xbox announcement in retaliation to the PS4 announcement. Now it's the other way around MS waited until May because of the PS4 announcement? I guess some people will find anyway to spin a story.

That's how fanboys work.

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
Hynad said:
gooch_destroyer said:
VGKing said:
dsgrue3 said:
Didn't they just say they pushed back their "April 24th" reveal to May 21st(?) because of the PS4?

We're supposed to ignore this rumor until Microsoft confirms it. LOL. The real reason according to VgLeaks is because they wanted to show the final console design at the reveal. So yeah MS must have learnred from Sony's mistakes.

I think some of the big publishers didn't show up at the Sony conference because they had nothing to show. Hell, final PS4 dev kits hadn't even been distributed yet.

Anyone else think it would be funny if Sony mentioned something like "Call of Duty is coming to PS4"  just to piss on that Microsoft/Activision afair?  

But isn't a console just a box?

It is. But that's still an opinion not shared by everyone. For some, the look of the box is more important than its actual features.

yeah I guess you're right. I mean you wouldn't buy a ugly car ever though the interior is awesome.

Actually. I would. If the car has a good price and does everything I need it doing, then yes. I would buy an ugly car. But ugly is quite subjective.

My first car was a Chevy Celebrity 88. Sky blue at that.

What do people remember about PS4 announcement? A polished game... what else? No hardware specs, a already seen, probably old technology by May 21st, Kinect look alike, a controller that adds social features and touchpad. What was there to be blown away and make MS delay their presentation?

I think vociferous Sony fans are more excited about their product than the company itself. Since the announcement Sony just came out officially to discuss the controller. But websites like N4G has been talking about infinite possibilities that probably not even Sony has imagined. And on the course the Sony fans have been taking shots at MS and Nintendo, "sentencing" their fate although one haven't revealed their product and the other one product is still in its infancy.
Some people live in their bubbles and I hope their world "burst" May 21st.

Looking forward to multiplatform bonanza, but in hindsight (refering to the PS4 reveal) it shouldn't be impossible for MS to beat PS4's exclusive lineup presented so far.

I can't imagine anything Sony showed off at the PS4 reveal that would make MS nervous aside from the supposed RAM upgrade. If MS were to beef up their own specs in response though, as far as the reveal is concerned it would just be a matter of adding more power to the PC's running the games. It wouldn't require a month long delay. A more logical conclusion is Sony in fact did not show anything MS was blown away by and thus they are perfectly fine with delaying the reveal. Hell, if they weren't going to push it up to confirm/deny all these rumors, they sure as **** weren't going to for what the PS4 showed off.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
What do people remember about PS4 announcement? A polished game... what else? No hardware specs, a already seen, probably old technology by May 21st, Kinect look alike, a controller that adds social features and touchpad. What was there to be blown away and make MS delay their presentation?

I think vociferous Sony fans are more excited about their product than the company itself. Since the announcement Sony just came out officially to discuss the controller. But websites like N4G has been talking about infinite possibilities that probably not even Sony has imagined. And on the course the Sony fans have been taking shots at MS and Nintendo, "sentencing" their fate although one haven't revealed their product and the other one product is still in its infancy.

That kind of comment has always been funny to me.  People making those kinds of claims don't even get the irony of their own comments even when pointed at it.

dsgrue3 said:
Didn't they just say they pushed back their "April 24th" reveal to May 21st(?) because of the PS4?

I read this several times, yes. But this can mean two things:

1) Fuck, we have to change all our hardware, all our software, re-implement, re-think, build new directx, throw away old apis, write 360-emulator!

or

2) Ok, that's all? We have the same (perhaps more and better), so no need to hurry guys. We can comfortably delay our announcement.

Hynad said:
Goatseye said:

That kind of comment has always been funny to me.  People making those kind of claims don't even get the irony of their own comments even when pointed at it.

Can you explain what's ironic there?

Goatseye said:

That is purely your opinion and nothing else.  Don't present it as fact.  I could have cared less if they showed the console itself or explained every little freaking detail about their specs. Why would sony reveal everything at a conference 4 months before E3 where they will show off even more of the ps4?  Kinect look alike?  You do know kinect is just an upgraded eyetoy and their was one before that too that nintendo had, I think.  And let's not forget a lot of developers are really happy with ps4 and probably nexbox too but it's not revealed yet.  Looks to me you're being a hypocrite in your post.  You're acting just like some Sony fans except your all for MS instead.  

Goatseye said:
Hynad said:
Goatseye said:

That kind of comment has always been funny to me.  People making those kind of claims don't even get the irony of their own comments even when pointed at it.

Can you explain what's ironic there?

""sentencing" their fate although one haven't revealed their product and the other one product is still in its infancy."

"Some people live in their bubbles and I hope their world "burst" May 21st."