By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Reveal Had No 'Material Impact' On Microsoft

nnodley said:
Goatseye said:
What do people remember about PS4 announcement? A polished game... what else? No hardware specs, a already seen, probably old technology by May 21st, Kinect look alike, a controller that adds social features and touchpad. What was there to be blown away and make MS delay their presentation?

I think vociferous Sony fans are more excited about their product than the company itself. Since the announcement Sony just came out officially to discuss the controller. But websites like N4G has been talking about infinite possibilities that probably not even Sony has imagined. And on the course the Sony fans have been taking shots at MS and Nintendo, "sentencing" their fate although one haven't revealed their product and the other one product is still in its infancy.
Some people live in their bubbles and I hope their world "burst" May 21st.

1 That is purely your opinion and nothing else.  Don't present it as fact.  I could have cared less if they showed the console itself or explained every little freaking detail about their specs. Why would sony reveal everything at a conference 4 months before E3 where they will show off even more of the ps4?  Kinect look alike? 2 You do know kinect is just an upgraded eyetoy and their was one before that too that nintendo had, I think.  And let's not forget a lot of developers are really happy with ps4 and probably nexbox too but it's not revealed yet.  3Looks to me you're being a hypocrite in your post.  You're acting just like some Sony fans except your all for MS instead.  

No need to get upset this is just a healthy discussion.

1- Did I present any reference for my comment to be taken as a fact? No.

2- Only thing eyetoy have in common w/ Kinect is that they're both cameras that capture movements. The rest is like comparing an old cell phone to a smartphone.

3- I'm sorry but I'm not being hypocritical. Every MS/Xbox article is innundaded with hate comments towards them. The contraire is rarely seen so I wouldn't consider that as a pattern of Xbox fans.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Goatseye said:
Hynad said:
Goatseye said:
What do people remember about PS4 announcement? A polished game... what else? No hardware specs, a already seen, probably old technology by May 21st, Kinect look alike, a controller that adds social features and touchpad. What was there to be blown away and make MS delay their presentation?

I think vociferous Sony fans are more excited about their product than the company itself. Since the announcement Sony just came out officially to discuss the controller. But websites like N4G has been talking about infinite possibilities that probably not even Sony has imagined. And on the course the Sony fans have been taking shots at MS and Nintendo, "sentencing" their fate although one haven't revealed their product and the other one product is still in its infancy.

That kind of comment has always been funny to me.  People making those kind of claims don't even get the irony of their own comments even when pointed at it.

Can you explain what's ironic there?

""sentencing" their fate although one haven't revealed their product and the other one product is still in its infancy."

"Some people live in their bubbles and I hope their world "burst" May 21st."

Have you been visiting this website lately along with N4G,IGN,Gamespot or Eurogamer?

Goatseye said:
Hynad said:
Goatseye said:
Hynad said:
Goatseye said:

That kind of comment has always been funny to me.  People making those kind of claims don't even get the irony of their own comments even when pointed at it.

""sentencing" their fate although one haven't revealed their product and the other one product is still in its infancy."

Have you been visiting this website lately along with N4G,IGN,Gamespot or Eurogamer?

Yeah. I pretty much have. And those people are a vocal minority. Especially on VGChartz, the number of posters who make unreasonable comments are in the minority. But as usual, the majority is painted by the actions of the vocal minority. 

Still, you didn't address what I pointed out.

Hynad said:
Goatseye said:
Hynad said:
Goatseye said:
Hynad said:
Goatseye said:

Yeah. I pretty much have. And those people are a vocal minority. Even on VGChartz, the number of posters who make unreasonable comments are in the minority. But as usual, the majority is painted by the actions of the vocal minority. 

Still, you didn't address what I pointed out.

Sony fans believe that MS and Nintendo are doomed before the official competition even begin.

Concerned with this fact, I hope MS reveals their plans and prove those "vocal minority" wrong.

Bam! All clarified?

Goatseye said:

Sony fans believe that MS and Nintendo are doomed before the official competition even begin.

Concerned with this fact, I hope MS reveals their plans and prove those "vocal minority" wrong.

Bam! All clarified?

I'm a Sony fan. And I don't believe nor wish that MS and Nintendo are doomed. 

Around the Network
Hynad said:

Goatseye said:

Bam! All clarified?

Do you have an N4G account?

C'mon you don't have to be shy or deny your community.

Goatseye said:
Hynad said:

Goatseye said:

Bam! All clarified?

Do you have an N4G account?

C'mon you don't have to be shy or deny your community.

I do have an account there. Don't remember the last time I used it. 

Don't know what that has to do with anything.

[EDIT:] Actually, I just logged on just now. To check my stats there. And just as I recalled, no activity whatsoever.

kowenicki said:
dsgrue3 said:
kowenicki said:
dsgrue3 said:
Didn't they just say they pushed back their "April 24th" reveal to May 21st(?) because of the PS4?

Do you know what "material impact" means? 

Headline: "Sony might have gone early with the announcement of next-gen, but that hasn't affected Microsoft's next-gen approach."

Obviously it was affected.

Thread title != title of article.

L2Read

Material impact, as in affecting the structure and software of the next Xbox.  The launch isn't a material part of the console..

And don't be so insulting.  

1ma·te·ri·al

adjective mə-ˈtir-ē-əl

Definition of MATERIAL

(1) : relating to, derived from, or consisting of matter;especially : physical <the material world> (2) : bodily<material needs>(1) : of or relating to matter rather than form <materialcause> (2) : of or relating to the subject matter of reasoning; especially : empirical <material knowledge>
: having real importance or great consequences <factsmaterial to the investigation>
Don't be so myopic and I won't be so insulting. The reveal date, as well as subsequent schedulings, of the next xbox are most definitely of real importance or great consequence

kowenicki said:

Right well I can see that this means a lot to you, so lets say it DID have a material impact on their announcement....

So?

PS. Pretty funny to call people myopic with a sig like that.

My interest is only in the facts. It did have a material impact as I've shown.

Not sure what you mean about the sig, but it's just a sig. It will change over time.

kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:
By EA's 360 preference, they mean to say MS' wallet.

That matters? 

My thoughts entirely.