By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Reveal Had No 'Material Impact' On Microsoft

"They are the incumbent."

What does that mean? By what metrics?

Around the Network
Augen said:
"They are the incumbent."

What does that mean? By what metrics?

Means they are not a new player in the market.  They are established player who understands their position

Goatseye said:
Hynad said:
Goatseye said:
Hynad said:
Goatseye said:
What do people remember about PS4 announcement? A polished game... what else? No hardware specs, a already seen, probably old technology by May 21st, Kinect look alike, a controller that adds social features and touchpad. What was there to be blown away and make MS delay their presentation?

I think vociferous Sony fans are more excited about their product than the company itself. Since the announcement Sony just came out officially to discuss the controller. But websites like N4G has been talking about infinite possibilities that probably not even Sony has imagined. And on the course the Sony fans have been taking shots at MS and Nintendo, "sentencing" their fate although one haven't revealed their product and the other one product is still in its infancy.
Some people live in their bubbles and I hope their world "burst" May 21st.

That kind of comment has always been funny to me.  People making those kind of claims don't even get the irony of their own comments even when pointed at it.

Can you explain what's ironic there?

""sentencing" their fate although one haven't revealed their product and the other one product is still in its infancy."

"Some people live in their bubbles and I hope their world "burst" May 21st."

Have you been visiting this website lately along with N4G,IGN,Gamespot or Eurogamer?

I have been visiting Eurogamer and they seem to not be all that interested in the next xbox.

I'm sure MS watched the PS4 announcement closely, but it certainly didn't have much of an effect on them, as shown by them when they delayed their announcement by 1 month.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
I'm sure MS watched the PS4 announcement closely, but it certainly didn't have much of an effect on them, as shown by them when they delayed their announcement by 1 month.

Ok... So they delayed it for... ?

There's no way to know anyway. They won't come and say "yeah, Sony's announcement made us nervous". That's bad PR.

So whether or not they adjusted based on Sony's announcement will remain everyone's guess. People choose to believe based on whatever their bias is.

Around the Network

I am sure the PS4 reveal did change some things as far as what MS wanted to show based on their reveal. If the April rumor for their reveal is true then its possible that MS changed their schedule to be able to show actual hardware working with actual game. If this was the reason MS delayed to may in order to have that type of demonstration, then it probably was a smart move.

As some have mentioned, one of the biggest outrage about the PS4 reveal was there wasn't a PS4 revealed. Yes we got the specs but people like to see the design and the actual console throwing up the lovely graphics instead of a PC behind the scenes. If MS has some impressive games to show at their reveal and they are actually running on the hardware, this will send an impression that the nextbox can produce the same level of graphics maybe even a better experience then their competitor.

Goatseye said:
Hynad said:
Goatseye said:
Hynad said:
Goatseye said:
Hynad said:
Goatseye said:
What do people remember about PS4 announcement? A polished game... what else? No hardware specs, a already seen, probably old technology by May 21st, Kinect look alike, a controller that adds social features and touchpad. What was there to be blown away and make MS delay their presentation?

I think vociferous Sony fans are more excited about their product than the company itself. Since the announcement Sony just came out officially to discuss the controller. But websites like N4G has been talking about infinite possibilities that probably not even Sony has imagined. And on the course the Sony fans have been taking shots at MS and Nintendo, "sentencing" their fate although one haven't revealed their product and the other one product is still in its infancy.
Some people live in their bubbles and I hope their world "burst" May 21st.

That kind of comment has always been funny to me.  People making those kind of claims don't even get the irony of their own comments even when pointed at it.

Can you explain what's ironic there?

""sentencing" their fate although one haven't revealed their product and the other one product is still in its infancy."

"Some people live in their bubbles and I hope their world "burst" May 21st."

Have you been visiting this website lately along with N4G,IGN,Gamespot or Eurogamer?

Yeah. I pretty much have. And those people are a vocal minority. Even on VGChartz, the number of posters who make unreasonable comments are in the minority. But as usual, the majority is painted by the actions of the vocal minority. 

Still, you didn't address what I pointed out.

Sony fans believe that MS and Nintendo are doomed before the official competition even begin.

Concerned with this fact, I hope MS reveals their plans and prove those "vocal minority" wrong.

Bam! All clarified?

I know some MS fans who think Nintendo is doomed aswell..

There is just so little MS fans to show any real significance 

You arent fooling anyone Microsoft. Why else would you set up and event 2 weeks before E3? LOL

gooch_destroyer said:

"It’s never too little too late for Microsoft. They are the incumbent.

"Incumbent" of what? The best selling console is still the Wii, the console with sells momentum is Sony.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
gooch_destroyer said:

"It’s never too little too late for Microsoft. They are the incumbent.

"Incumbent" of what? The best selling console is still the Wii, the console with sells momentum is Sony.

MS sells more in US, which is extra important. More Xbox Live revenue and other software sales including games. More profit.