By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Reveal Had No 'Material Impact' On Microsoft

Of course..

That's what they all say..

Around the Network

lmao, some off the comments here. PS4 announcement didn't affect anything for MS.

Proclus said:
lmao, some off the comments here. PS4 announcement didn't affect anything for MS.

You really belive that? You really believe that the companies out there just go about their businesses not caring about their competition at all, because they think they're untouchable?

Wake up call is in order, I think.

dsgrue3 said:
Didn't they just say they pushed back their "April 24th" reveal to May 21st(?) because of the PS4?

We're supposed to ignore this rumor until Microsoft confirms it. LOL. The real reason according to VgLeaks is because they wanted to show the final console design at the reveal. So yeah MS must have learnred from Sony's mistakes.

I think some of the big publishers didn't show up at the Sony conference because they had nothing to show. Hell, final PS4 dev kits hadn't even been distributed yet.

Anyone else think it would be funny if Sony mentioned something like "Call of Duty is coming to PS4"  just to piss on that Microsoft/Activision afair?  

VGKing said:
dsgrue3 said:
Didn't they just say they pushed back their "April 24th" reveal to May 21st(?) because of the PS4?

We're supposed to ignore this rumor until Microsoft confirms it. LOL. The real reason according to VgLeaks is because they wanted to show the final console design at the reveal. So yeah MS must have learnred from Sony's mistakes.

I think some of the big publishers didn't show up at the Sony conference because they had nothing to show. Hell, final PS4 dev kits hadn't even been distributed yet.

Anyone else think it would be funny if Sony mentioned something like "Call of Duty is coming to PS4"  just to piss on that Microsoft/Activision afair?  

But isn't a console just a box?

Around the Network
Proclus said:

That's where you're wrong. It may not have affected their strategy or specs, but it certainly affected their reveal.

Remember that countdown clock Major Nelson posted to E3? That was supposed to lead to the next Xbox reveal. Plans change and there's an obvious reason for it.(Hint: February 20th, 2013)

gooch_destroyer said:
VGKing said:
dsgrue3 said:

It is. But that's still an opinion not shared by everyone. For some, the look of the box is more important than its actual features.

gooch_destroyer said:
VGKing said:
dsgrue3 said:

Apparantly the majority really wants to see that box considering how that was the #1 complaint about the PS4 reveal. Obviously Microsoft wouldn't make the same mistake or worse, show something that may change completely by launch.

Wouldnt being under pressure mean that you push the date forward and not back?

Hynad said:
gooch_destroyer said:
VGKing said:
dsgrue3 said:

It is. But that's still an opinion not shared by everyone. For some, the look of the box is more important than its actual features.

yeah I guess you're right. I mean you wouldn't buy a ugly car ever though the interior is awesome.