By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Gamecube Games become Wii U Virtual Console Titles? Is it possible?

Hopefully we'll finally be able to play Geist with a proper dual analog controller.

Around the Network

One major reason to shy away from that is Nintnedo might be planning hd remakes of some of their top wii and cube games.

If PS2 Classics exists then I don't see why GameCube Virtual Console wouldn't.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

I hope so , I might play Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes .

With his retrocompapability  and the project X , I will be attempted to buy Wii U  

You can visit this blog for Zero no Kiseki and Sen no Kiseki guide

http://wajinokiseki.blogspot.be/

Well when you think about how overpriced VC actually is I mean 10 bucks (especially the 10€ price tag is a ripoff) for N64 games? And even more for games like Sin and Punishment that didnt get a EU release back in the day?

TBH 1€ for NES 2-3€ for SNES and 5€ for N64 should be MAX! I would start to buy games right away but with todays pricing I didn't buy a single game on 3DS or Wii VC. (I bought all 30 cent games on WiiU tho!)

So again what do they want for GC games then 20€ LOL? Id rather buy remakes (you know not like the crappy "upressed" shit on PS3  something along the lines of Starfox and OOT for 3DS and WindWaker for WiiU = REAL REMAKES!) of all those games for 30€ or so as discounted retail games than paying 20€ for "old" 1's and 0's with european versions not having progressive scan  and a ton of games being 4:3 aspect ratio.......

So I HOPE NOT!

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Well, the only thing stopping them is the possibility to remake the games in HD and with new features. If the old versions are available these new versions will be less successful.

I would take some eternal darkness remade with high res textures, and maybe a few other slight upgrades.

Given its hardware it is safe to say that it can run GameCube or Wii titles titles while it running another VC title (NES, SNES, etc.) at the same time. For example, it can run Double Dash on the gamepad while someone else is playing Super Mario World at the TV.

But I do not know if Nintendo will invest their resources to release this feature.

Fillet, the Wii U does all that for Wii BC. The Wii Architecture is near identical to GC except for the clock speed of the chipset. You are making GameCube BC sound far more difficult and expensive to implement than it actually is.

If they do, I hope they create a new pro controller than is essentially the gc controller but it has both right and left bumpers and 2 analog sticks. I really don't like that the wiiU gamepad doesn't have analog triggers...that is really the only thing that bothers me with the wiiU.

Something...Something...Games...Something

I hope they make the GameCube 3D ability enable.

Because they disable the 3D on every game disc each time they would manufacture GameCube games.

But the only 1st Party game tested for its 3D effect was Luigi.

The Game Boy Advance games were also made 3D ready, and we all see how long it takes to get just 10 of them to do 3D, plus they probably want to test it before the update to the Ambassodor games.

The GameCube games on Wii U might take as long as the GBA games are taking on the 3DS. You can blame 3D for it, LOL.

But it is nice that the GPU in both the GameCube & Wii U is custom made for stereoscopic 3D gaming.