By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Gamecube Games become Wii U Virtual Console Titles? Is it possible?

There's some classic Gamecube games so I would hope so!

Around the Network

I'm emulating the shit out of the Gamecube and loving it. My favourite console of all time with my favourite games. Nintendo can go suck it, there are tons of people doing a better job than them for free.

It even runs on my beloved Linux.

So I have a Gamecube controller and the Gamecube games library I use to own, but I'm playing it in HD with super increased frame rates. WHY would I care about VC.

I'm pretty sure i remember Reggie saying it was possible.

We just have to tell Nintendo more clearly what we want to see. I would like to see GBA games on the 3DS virtual console, and i would like to see GC games on the Wii U. Theres alot to draw from.

Yes eventually. They seem to want to re-release all the old virtual console games first

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Nem said:
I'm pretty sure i remember Reggie saying it was possible.

We just have to tell Nintendo more clearly what we want to see. I would like to see GBA games on the 3DS virtual console, and i would like to see GC games on the Wii U. Theres alot to draw from.

Nintendo did release some GBA games for the 3DS vitual console but they were for "nintendo ambassadors" i believe. People who bought the 3DS before the first price cut.

~http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_Ambassador_Program

These games haven't been made publicly available unfortunately, even though this was almost 2 years ago

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
KHlover said:
It definately is. I spend a bit of my time on the GBAtemp.net forum where many homebrew developers reside, one of them is the developer of the homebrew app "Devolution". Devolution is a GCN backup loader for the Wii, which requires the actual game disk in the DVD drive to prevent piracy. A problem is that certain versions of the Wii (the black model) do no longer have ports for Gamecube controllers or memory card slots, rendering these models unfit for the app. Since many people bugged the dev with these issues he already has found a way to emulate the memory card from SD and posted he made good progress with emulating the GCN controller using a Dual Shock 3 (aka PS3 controller). Once he figured out a piracy protection for the WiiU he will also release Devolution on it.

-> Gamecube games on the WiiU are 100% possible, it is purely Nintendo's decision whether they want them on VC or not.

Am I missing something or is this app totally useless? The Wii already plays GCN games.

Signature goes here!

@TruckOSaurus the new models got rid ofall GCN compatibility

Hopefully. It would be cool if they actually included Wii titles in the virtual console too. The more the better.

Dr.Grass said:
I'm emulating the shit out of the Gamecube and loving it. My favourite console of all time with my favourite games. Nintendo can go suck it, there are tons of people doing a better job than them for free.

It even runs on my beloved Linux.

So I have a Gamecube controller and the Gamecube games library I use to own, but I'm playing it in HD with super increased frame rates. WHY would I care about VC.

Because what you play is illegal?

Switch!!!

ktay95 said:
@TruckOSaurus the new models got rid ofall GCN compatibility

Which sold less than 10% of total wii. Buy an old one than!

Switch!!!