By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Gamecube Games become Wii U Virtual Console Titles? Is it possible?

Gutten said:
I hope I am wrong but I don't see it coming
The fact that The Wind Waker is being re-released in HD is not helping either.

But the GameCube was made for 3D gaming, and the Wii U does 3D on pre-install firmware.

And both the GameCube & Wii U GPUs are custom made in the same way.

Plus the Wii U CPU can always be increase by Firmware updates like the 3DS. And the Wii U firmware has already gone from 1.0 to 3.0. So it's real easy to increase the Wii Us CPU.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
Gutten said:

But the GameCube was made for 3D gaming, and the Wii U does 3D on pre-install firmware.

Plus the Wii U CPU can always be increase by Firmware updates like the 3DS. And the Wii U firmware has already gone from 1.0 to 3.0. So it's real easy to increase the Wii Us CPU.

I dont think he meant its not possible but they will choose not to so they can rerelease some of the more popular gamecube games at retail and make more money that way

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Gutten said:

Games like wind waker, sunshine, prime and other big sellers might do HD rereleases but smaller less known GC games like Custom Robo, Billy Hatcher, Viewtiful Joe and others could simply be put on VC since they wont be big money makers at retail

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I hope so. Losing the backwards compatibility for the GC on the Wii U sucked. Now I have to pull out my Wii or GC to play GC games, which is so annoying.

PAPER MARIO!!

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
Gutten said:

I dont think he meant its not possible but they will choose not to so they can rerelease some of the more popular gamecube games at retail and make more money that way

Oh.

Well I can still see them doing virtual console GameCube games to at least finally play them in 3D.

I can't wait for the update to GBA games on the 3DS, becasue it should add the ability to play them in stereoscopic 3D which was suppose to be done on the GBA but then they decided to add the ability later, specifically to the GBA SP to do it instead, but the technology for glasses-free 3D still wasn't there back then.

Of course one can simply just set their 3D TVs that can convert 2D to 3D, to do so with GameCube & Wii games, but you wouldn't want to play PS2 & Xbox games in 3D, trust me.