By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Over-rated/Under-rated games

Tagged games:

kljesta64 said:

kljesta64 said:
most underated game of all time is Ridge Racer 5

Are you joking? or is this game better then recent Ridge Racers? I recall Ridge Racer for N64 wasn't bad

nope. im not joking ive played it for years and its the last real and best RR game..they all seem similar on videos but they are not and nitro destroyed the franchise..

Oh okay, well at least you understand that modern Ridge Racers are a joke. Like I said I played RR 64, so I kinda get where you're coming from.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

overrated: xenoblade; glad im not the only one, but i just found the game to be a snoozefest, i could only get like 2 hours in.

Crysis2 no game with that much glitches should get the praise it does

No More Heroes boring just boring, it was like the FF13 of hack and slash games, at least 13 was pretty to look at

Conduit1 this was more overhyped, but people came to their senses. Didnt help that Eurocom put out GE that year and showed those HVS noobs how to do it.

Mario Kart Wii felt like a party game on wheels

Wii Sports it got boring after five days.

underrated: Red Steel 2 this was the game that i envisioned when i first saw Wii. IMHO Ubisoft made the best use of motion controls in a core game on the system, at least in terms of combat, yes better than Zelda SS

TWEWY best game on the system IMHO

Sonic &Sega all stars both of them, the first was good but the 2nd, gots to be the best Kart racer this gen.

Tales of Graces f I thought it needed more love

DJ Hero one of the freshest music games made, too bad people were tired.

HoTD overill, so nice i bought it twice (WII,PS3)

Everything I don't like is overrated and everything I like is underrated.

Am I doing this right?

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

overrated = games i don't like that mass ppl do like
underrated = games i do like that mass ppl don't like

Around the Network

underrated - General Chaos (not making sequel led to my EA boycott), Magic Carpet (EA neglects this Bullfrog IP, RIP Bullfrog)

Generally people are going to disagree with games that someone things is overrated... Because the perception comes from everyone saying zomgz its amazing. And it applies in reverse as well.

For me

overrated=ME3, even with the complaints about the ending (which I don't care either way). It was still highly praised. There were issues deeper like: 1 city hub, too many cutscenes, no hacking, little mission variation (like morinths mission in ME2, or the final mission in ME2). And even breaking it down. I don't remember that game much at all, it wasn't particularly fun playing it either.

MGS4=Good Gameplay of what there was, the pacing was horrendous, cutscenes were 40 minutes long, install screens, meryl married diarrhea boy, nanomachines. The Drebin System was nonsensical, and not needed in a mg game.

underrated= Deus Ex: Invisible War. Despite being severely dumb downed, and consolized. It's still a great game.

overrated
mass effect
halo
batman
bioshock
tomb raider 2013

underrated
tales of graces f
finalfantasy xiii-2
finalfantasy ix
atelier ayesha
finalfantasy III DS

Overrated:

Smash Bros Brawl

Smash Bros Melee

Smash Bros

Mario Kart 64

Killzone 2

Heavy Rain

Metal Gear Solid 4

Red Dead Redemption

Deadly Premonition

Skyrim

Grand Theft Auto (All)

Gran Turismo (All)

Final Fantasty (All)

Madden (All)

FIFA (All)

Mario Sunshine

Wind Waker

Underrated:

Starfox SNES

Dead Space 1

Pandora's Tower

Project Zero 2: Wii Edition

Disney Epic Mickey

over rated
uncharted 2
mass effect 3 (enjoyed but not in just the ending was disappointed in a lot of things)
every sports game ever made
battlefield 3 (after putting so many hours into bad company 2 this was just disappointing)
final fantasy 13
heavy rain

under rated
the last story
tales of graces f
sonic unleashed (the 360 version)
resident evil 5
sly 4