By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Over-rated/Under-rated games

Tagged games:

Overrated: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games, SSX 3, Burnout 3, FIFA games (boring to me), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, The Sims games, Ogre Battle 64

Underrated: The Last Story, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Zak and Wiki, Pokemon Platinum, Chrono Cross, Sly Cooper and The Thievious Raccoonus, Need for Speed III, Dark Cloud games, Cave Story

Around the Network

too many games....
overrated: FF7
underrated: FF9

overrated: Skyward sword (don't kill me)
underrated: Majoras mask

underrated Mario Sunshine

overrated: mario Kart 7
underrated : mario kart DD

overrated: god of war
underrated: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
underrated: Alan wake

underrated: Parasite eve 1-2 :(

DieAppleDie said:
VERY overrated

Assasins creed
CoD
Halo
FIFA
Uncharted
God of war
Gears of war
Killzone
GTA

Underrated heavily

Arc rise fantasia
Metroid other M
Disaster
Need for speed Nitro
Red steel 2
No more heroes 2
Conduit
Silent hill SM

I was going to make this joke, but it looks like you beat me to it!

CoD games are horridly overrated. Modern Warfare 1 was truly one-of-a-kind when it came out, it took everybody by surprise how addictive the multiplayer was. Me and my cousin would get up at like 8am just to play,after going to sleep like at 3pm the night before! Then the yearly releases began and the game went to the shitter.

Spec Ops: The Line would be my choice for most under-rated. The game was phenomenal. Gorgeous environment, engrossing story, engaging characters and perfect dialogue. Captain Walker was a great character. He starts off cool, collected and focus but as the game progressing, you begin to notice him evolve as their situation becomes more dire. Plus, the plot twist and ending near the end were fantastic. I could go on forever, but this was THE BEST shooter this gen for me. It makes you question our current obsession with shooters and the loading screens with those taunting captions felt like a hit to the gut, every time. Not to mention the gameplay was great and not as shit as people made it out to be. The turret section during the mall was one of my favorite shooters moments period.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

bananaking21 said:
Michael-5 said:
bananaking21 said:

still believe the only reason some people enjoyed it was because its "batman".

Maybe, but for me, and people I know in person who enjoyed the game, this isn't the case.

I hate Superhero movies/games, I only liked the Batman movies because they were so well executed, and a good popcorn flick. I liked Batman the game, for the gameplay, and the gadgets. I really liked how someone actually made a violent game, with an adult target audience, which has no homicides in it. Actually, I think how they tried to tie the game in with the Badman series hurts the game. I mean look at Mega Joker at the end of AA, if Joker wasn't the villain, that would have been less stupid.

P.S. We are polar oposites on our opinion of Batman/God of War. I feel a lot of people like God of War because of a) tits, and b) blood and graphic decapitation (He ripped off a dudes head in GoW3!). Without that, GoW isn't as huge, and my support for this are the PSP iterations (which I actually like better then the main series).

@bolded - i know, its just something i feel happens when it comes to anything batman related

and yeah i guess we just are the oposite on this case lol atleast we actually enjoy games though not just argue about them

No....I didn't enjoy God of War really.

Not to bring on the hate, but I see it as an average game. I have too many games on my TDL to even finish the game. I put in about 3 hours into the first game, and 2 hours into the 3rd, and I just don't get GoW. It's also not my type of game, the only hack and slash which I really loved was Vanquish and Devil May Cry 3.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Underrated: Lost Odyssey, Vanquish, Sleeping Dogs, Lollipop Chainsaw, Catherine

Lost Odyssey - Amazing story and great game overall. A good old turn based jrpg we've been missing from this gen.
Vanquish - Short game but had an absolute blast with this one.
Sleeping Dogs - Wei Shen, motherfucker.
Lollipop Chainsaw - Combat is a bit simplistic and game is a little short but the game was so much fun.. and oh so crazy lol. Chopping off Zombie's heads and seeing the screen filled with confettie and crap never gets old.
Catherine - Origional story, really interesting characters and fun interactions to be had after each nightmare of a level. Great puzzler and just awesome in general. ~ Had me climbing blocks in my sleep oO

Overrated: Gran Theft Auto 4, Skyrim, Halo Reach, Bastion

Gran Theft Auto 4 - Game took itself too seriously (compared to the older games) and wasn't all that much fun to play..
I did enjoy the two episodes that came after it though.
Skyrim - Gameplay was a bit meh, world felt really empty. Story was pretty boring and the lore didn't interest me one bit.
Halo Reach - Campaign was ok, nothing special. Multiplayer was decent. Don't get me wrong its a good game but
it didn't really hit the spot for me.
Bastion - Found it rather dull and boring. Heard some great things about the narration in the game, but it's really overrated imo.

Michael-5 said:
bananaking21 said:
Michael-5 said:
bananaking21 said:

still believe the only reason some people enjoyed it was because its "batman".

Maybe, but for me, and people I know in person who enjoyed the game, this isn't the case.

I hate Superhero movies/games, I only liked the Batman movies because they were so well executed, and a good popcorn flick. I liked Batman the game, for the gameplay, and the gadgets. I really liked how someone actually made a violent game, with an adult target audience, which has no homicides in it. Actually, I think how they tried to tie the game in with the Badman series hurts the game. I mean look at Mega Joker at the end of AA, if Joker wasn't the villain, that would have been less stupid.

P.S. We are polar oposites on our opinion of Batman/God of War. I feel a lot of people like God of War because of a) tits, and b) blood and graphic decapitation (He ripped off a dudes head in GoW3!). Without that, GoW isn't as huge, and my support for this are the PSP iterations (which I actually like better then the main series).

@bolded - i know, its just something i feel happens when it comes to anything batman related

and yeah i guess we just are the oposite on this case lol atleast we actually enjoy games though not just argue about them

Not to bring on the hate, but I see it as an average game. I have too many games on my TDL to even finish the game. I put in about 3 hours into the first game, and 2 hours into the 3rd, and I just don't get GoW. It's also not my type of game, the only hack and slash which I really loved was Vanquish and Devil May Cry 3.

i dont see any hate. you just dont like the game, you got your opinion and its your right. even though i want to go kratos on you and slice you up into tiny pieces because its my favorite franchise i wont  

Underrated

- Rayman Origins , Oddworld: Stranger, Sly: Thieves in Time, Vanquish, Asura's Wrath

Overrated

I'd say Mass Effect 3 since I didn't enjoy it much, and it wasn't because of the ending.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

bananaking21 said:
Michael-5 said:

i dont see any hate. you just dont like the game, you got your opinion and its your right. even though i want to go kratos on you and slice you up into tiny pieces because its my favorite franchise i wont  

Favorite Franchise?

Question, do you like Hack & Slash games in general? Have you played Vanquish?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

kljesta64 said:
most underated game of all time is Ridge Racer 5

Are you joking? or is this game better then recent Ridge Racers? I recall Ridge Racer for N64 wasn't bad

nope. im not joking ive played it for years and its the last real and best RR game..they all seem similar on videos but they are not and nitro destroyed the franchise..

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.