By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:261k, 3DS:230k, PS3:212k, Wii:91k, DS:86k, WiiU:67k, PSV: 33k

Otakumegane said:
Seriously someone explain the rise in wii sales.

i was hoping they just mixed up Wii and Wii U sales, would make sense since it kinda goes along with VGC and last months numbers

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
SethADrekin said:

Haha lol OMG pathetic. I had to make an Account just to point out how ridiculously fake these charts are.

Please explain to me how VGChartz can under estimated the Sales of XBox and Playstation, Wedbush and EEDAR can dramaticly over estimate them and yet somehow, inexplicably, VGCharts can dramaticly over estimate the Wii U Sales numbers but Wedbush and EEDAR can be almost spot on with the so called "NPD Numbers"

Get a clue people. NPD does not release Hardware sales numbers. Only Microsoft has announced their Hardware sales. Nintendo and Sony have not. Wedbush and EEDAR can't predict sales with any hint of accuracy. If you want real sales numbers, Take VGChartz numbers and add 25% to them.

The Wii U, most likely, sold 110k Units in the US in March of 2013.

I don't think you know what NPD is... Also, no. Wii U most likely have 67k sold and declining

M.U.G.E.N said:
woah here's a nice surprise

To a question about NFS Most Wanted vita vs Wii U J harker said this

"As for the above nfsu question, the vita versiom has like 100k on Wii u, Hell it outsold it this month too"

OMFG.

and people called me crazy when I said multiplats sell better on Sony systems.

kowenicki said:

eh?

The trend has been ps3 down by a smaller percentage than 360. This time it's reversed. Either ps3 sales fell, or 360's increased (over typical sales)

theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:

Oh boy, looks like we're in store for some massive ps3 undertracking.

EDIT: Just look at the yoy numbers. down 50%? Highly unlikely. The current trend has been ps3 down 22-24%, 360 down 27-29%. PS3 looking like 100k undertracked, and 360 40-50k undertracked.

So you think the PS3 has a shot at outselling the 360!?

that would mean only 2000 sales between them.  

Seriously doubt that. 

Well, I said 100k undertracked but 22-24% down means only about 80k undertracked or so, maybe less.
Numbers are going to be really tight this month though, so a 10k-20 thousand difference seems right.

So in the end the gap actually got bigger.  Bigger than last month and bigger YOY.

And as I predicted both are well in excess of 25% down yoy. 360 is 30% down and PS3 is 37% down.

Wonder what could be doing that

Last year we have 4 weeks, did you took this in account?

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

Around the Network
fmjasinski said:

Last year we have 4 weeks, did you took this in account?

NPD March 2012 = February 26-March 31 (5 weeks)

Blimey, I was expecting Most Wanted, Lego City Undercover and Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate to have boosted sales last month. Weird.

So both God of War Ascension and Gears of War Judgement are undertracked? How do we know that?

dsage01 said:
So both God of War Ascension and Gears of War Judgement are undertracked? How do we know that?

We know because according to source from Neogaf Tomb Raider outsold God of War: Ascension which outsold Gears of War: Judgment and they all sold over 600K and were about 10k apart from each other. Tomb Raider sold about 640K, God of War: Ascension sold 570K by itself and 630K including the GoW Legacy Bundle which means Gears of War: Judgment sold about 620K. God of War: Ascension is undertracked by Vgchartz by almost 50K and Gears of War: Judgment is undertracked by about 20K. Tomb Raider is overtracked by about 50K.

My bad, I looked at my calendar.

Thanks, Ethomaz. 

Ps.: You need to send some cars in Gran Turismo 5, my ID: fmjasinski

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits.