By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:261k, 3DS:230k, PS3:212k, Wii:91k, DS:86k, WiiU:67k, PSV: 33k

So 3DS is much healthier in the west than VGC has lead us to believe (almost double!)
Wii is still outselling WiiU by a fair margin
WiiU is selling even more abysmally than we thought and now below PS3/360 for launch

360/PS3/Vita - no surprises there.

While I'm sure Nintendo is waiting for their BIG titles to launch to see if that gives WiiU some life (and possibly time a price cut around then too) I have no idea WTF Sony is doing with Vita. They cut the price in Japan where it sold best to great results but no price cut for NA/PAL. I'm beginning to believe Sony has lost all hope of saving Vita outside of Japan but then, why even continue to sell it at all? No western developer is going to give it more than token support at these sales levels and without quality games, sales will never improve. I guess they'll keep the price high and sell a little at a profit instead of a little more at a loss.

Around the Network

Why does VGC continue to undertrack the hell out of 3DS sales only to adjust them upwards by 20k+ and more some weeks when NPD comes out?

xxbrothawizxx63 said:
Why does VGC continue to undertrack the hell out of 3DS sales only to adjust them upwards by 20k+ and more some weeks when NPD comes out?

Everything except Wii U is being undertracked in VGC.

ethomaz said:
xxbrothawizxx63 said:

This is true, but nearly 100% error is just ridiculous and is the largest magin of error. Wii is pretty ridiculous as well. It's just bad. The 3DS numbers that VGC originally extrapolated painted the system's postion in the West much worse than it really is. 

pezus said:

Bioshock sales on consoles:

BioShock Infinite sold 878,000 units on console during the month, analyst firm Cowen announced. This figure does not include digital sales - on Steam, for example.

Cowen expects the Irrational-developed shooter will end up selling around 4.5 million units in the first year - including retail and digital.

Elsewhere, Cowen said sales of The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct were "surprisingly strong".

Does it include retail PC too??

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
xxbrothawizxx63 said:

Nothing is as undertracked as the 3DS.

Haha lol OMG pathetic. I had to make an Account just to point out how ridiculously fake these charts are.

Please explain to me how VGChartz can under estimated the Sales of XBox and Playstation, Wedbush and EEDAR can dramaticly over estimate them and yet somehow, inexplicably, VGCharts can dramaticly over estimate the Wii U Sales numbers but Wedbush and EEDAR can be almost spot on with the so called "NPD Numbers"

Get a clue people. NPD does not release Hardware sales numbers. Only Microsoft has announced their Hardware sales. Nintendo and Sony have not. Wedbush and EEDAR can't predict sales with any hint of accuracy. If you want real sales numbers, Take VGChartz numbers and add 25% to them.

The Wii U, most likely, sold 110k Units in the US in March of 2013.

newwil7l said:

Nothing is as undertracked as the 3DS.

The PSP, in terms of percentages.

SethADrekin said:

Haha lol OMG pathetic. I had to make an Account just to point out how ridiculously fake these charts are.

Please explain to me how VGChartz can under estimated the Sales of XBox and Playstation, Wedbush and EEDAR can dramaticly over estimate them and yet somehow, inexplicably, VGCharts can dramaticly over estimate the Wii U Sales numbers but Wedbush and EEDAR can be almost spot on with the so called "NPD Numbers"

Get a clue people. NPD does not release Hardware sales numbers. Only Microsoft has announced their Hardware sales. Nintendo and Sony have not. Wedbush and EEDAR can't predict sales with any hint of accuracy. If you want real sales numbers, Take VGChartz numbers and add 25% to them.

umm we do get NPD numbers from several sources...always has. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

SethADrekin said:

I'm not sure I understand your point..