By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:261k, 3DS:230k, PS3:212k, Wii:91k, DS:86k, WiiU:67k, PSV: 33k

tontus said:
dsage01 said:
So both God of War Ascension and Gears of War Judgement are undertracked? How do we know that?

We know because according to source from Neogaf Tomb Raider outsold God of War: Ascension which outsold Gears of War: Judgment and they all sold over 600K and were about 10k apart from each other. Tomb Raider sold about 640K, God of War: Ascension sold 570K by itself and 630K including the GoW Legacy Bundle which means Gears of War: Judgment sold about 620K. God of War: Ascension is undertracked by Vgchartz by almost 50K and Gears of War: Judgment is undertracked by about 20K. Tomb Raider is overtracked by about 50K.

All three versions? Ascension didn't sell that bad then considering its just a spin off. So that means including the legacy bundle God of War: Ascension was the best selling SKU of March 2013...not bad.

Around the Network
SethADrekin said:

Haha lol OMG pathetic. I had to make an Account just to point out how ridiculously fake these charts are.

Please explain to me how VGChartz can under estimated the Sales of XBox and Playstation, Wedbush and EEDAR can dramaticly over estimate them and yet somehow, inexplicably, VGCharts can dramaticly over estimate the Wii U Sales numbers but Wedbush and EEDAR can be almost spot on with the so called "NPD Numbers"

Get a clue people. NPD does not release Hardware sales numbers. Only Microsoft has announced their Hardware sales. Nintendo and Sony have not. Wedbush and EEDAR can't predict sales with any hint of accuracy. If you want real sales numbers, Take VGChartz numbers and add 25% to them.

The Wii U, most likely, sold 110k Units in the US in March of 2013.

you had to make an account for that?

fmjasinski said:

My bad, I looked at my calendar.

Thanks, Ethomaz.

Ps.: You need to send some cars in Gran Turismo 5, my ID: fmjasinski

I will see if I have some more repeated

Bioshock Infinite at 878k.

Looks like Vgchartz were inaccurate this month aswell.

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
tontus said:
dsage01 said:
So both God of War Ascension and Gears of War Judgement are undertracked? How do we know that?

We know because according to source from Neogaf Tomb Raider outsold God of War: Ascension which outsold Gears of War: Judgment and they all sold over 600K and were about 10k apart from each other. Tomb Raider sold about 640K, God of War: Ascension sold 570K by itself and 630K including the GoW Legacy Bundle which means Gears of War: Judgment sold about 620K. God of War: Ascension is undertracked by Vgchartz by almost 50K and Gears of War: Judgment is undertracked by about 20K. Tomb Raider is overtracked by about 50K.

All three versions? Ascension didn't sell that bad then considering its just a spin off. So that means including the legacy bundle God of War: Ascension was the best selling SKU of March 2013...not bad.

I assume it's all three versions (apparently creamsugar from NeoGAF confirmed that figure for Tomb Raider). I can understand now why Square Enix is disappointed with Tomb Raider sales. It may have shipped 3.4 million copies world-wide but it isn't selling through them quickly enough. And yeah, with the legacy bundle God of War: Ascension is the best selling SKU in the US during March 2013, considering it's just a spin off with hardly any advertisement (outside of the US anyway, can't say how it was in the US) and a March release with only a limited edition bundle it did very well, at 630k it came very close to Uncharted 3's 700K release in the US which released in November with Sony's biggest and best marketing campaign this generation and was bundled with standard PS3's. Just shows how big a brand God of War really is, only 2nd to Gran Turismo. Hey Boutros, you can add to the top 10 rankings on the OP with: TR = 640K. GoW:A= 630K. GeoW:J= 620K.

pezus said:
dsage01 said:

Without PC sales, I think

Without PC and downloads... great sales.

Software sales update...

1. Bioshock Infinite 878K without download
2. Tomb Raider 2013 ~10k more than GoW:A
3. God of War: Ascension ~10k more than Gears
4. Gears of War: Judgement At least 600k
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
6. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon 365K (415K LTD with digital)
7. MLB 13: The Show
8. NBA 2K13
9. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
10. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
XX. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity 145K retail + digital
XX. Fire Emblem 64K retail + digital 

pezus said:
dsage01 said:

Without PC sales, I think

Wow that's pretty darn great but I wonder if the Xbox version of Bioshock infinite outsold God of War Ascension to become the best selling indiviudal sku to release in March.

I'm glad both tomb raider and bioshock are doing well. They are both great games.