By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:261k, 3DS:230k, PS3:212k, Wii:91k, DS:86k, WiiU:67k, PSV: 33k

Heavenly_King said:

wrost than the gamecube?! I thought the WiiU could be the next gamecube, but now I really dont know.   Is there another nintendo console that sold this badly?

the WiiU has more potential for price cuts though and I expect it to do quite well for itself once more of the big titles arrive - it won't reach Wii-levels though

Around the Network

Honestly hardware tracking is pretty wrong on VGC lately but I think the software tracking is great for most titles.

Heavenly_King said:
trollmaster85 said:

Here few graphs regarding Wii U, because people love them.

(Open in new window to view fullsize images)

wrost than the gamecube?! I thought the WiiU could be the next gamecube, but now I really dont know.   Is there another nintendo console that sold this badly?

The GC had a very impressive first year. Better than the Wii U, it would seem. But also better than the Xbox, the DS, the PS3 and the 360. Not sure about PS2, but I doubt it.

It was later years where it sold very poorly. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Otakumegane said:
Heavenly_King said:

Virtual Boy.

Thankfully the Wii U has already passed Virtual Boy's lifetime sales.

Conegamer said:

The GC had a very impressive first year. Better than the Wii U, it would seem. But also better than the Xbox, the DS, the PS3 and the 360. Not sure about PS2, but I doubt it.

It isn't true.

GC sold on par with PS3 (599!), but Xbox 360 sold much better first year.

http://imageshack.us/a/img267/7716/54035641.jpg

Around the Network

Another month, same information. 360 land, 3ds winning, etc etc.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:

Oh boy, looks like we're in store for some massive ps3 undertracking.

EDIT: Just look at the yoy numbers. down 50%? Highly unlikely. The current trend has been ps3 down 22-24%, 360 down 27-29%. PS3 looking like 100k undertracked, and 360 40-50k undertracked.

So you think the PS3 has a shot at outselling the 360!?

that would mean only 2000 sales between them.  

Seriously doubt that. 

Well, I said 100k undertracked but 22-24% down means only about 80k undertracked or so, maybe less.
Numbers are going to be really tight this month though, so a 10k-20 thousand difference seems right.

So in the end the gap actually got bigger.  Bigger than last month and bigger YOY.

And as I predicted both are well in excess of 25% down yoy. 360 is 30% down and PS3 is 37% down.

Wonder what could be doing that

Conegamer said:
SnakeDrake said:
Any numbers for vita games?

Were there any Vita games last month? And those exsisting likely didn't sell enough. All we know is NFS Vita>NFS Wii U

Well, we know NFS Vita > 110k > 10k > NFS Wii U

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

NPD adjustments already posted.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5291915

outlawauron said:
Conegamer said:
SnakeDrake said:
Any numbers for vita games?

Were there any Vita games last month? And those exsisting likely didn't sell enough. All we know is NFS Vita>NFS Wii U

Well, we know NFS Vita > 110k > 10k > NFS Wii U

We also know that NFS Vita in March is greater than the Wii U version.  We don't know where it is in relation to 10k though, so it can't be put in that equation.