By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Four Rumored Xbox Next Launch Titles

ironmanDX said:
JoeTheBro said:
Why would we need two racing games at launch? Forza or PGR alone could go head to head with driveclub so this doesn't make much sense. If I was in charge I'd push one of them back to compete with GT6.

Alan Wake 2 will be great and could possibly be a graphics whore game to show off the system's power. I bet the epic game will be multiplat so that's why AW should look better.

They'll save Forza for GT6.

that's like saying killzone will compete with halo

anyways pretty decent list, although it lacks a jrpg :(

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

Rumored launch titles:

- Forza Motorsport 5
- Alan Wake 2
- Ryse
- Destiny
- PGR 5
- Battlefield 4
- Assassin's Creed Next
- WatchDogs
- new Epic Game
- new Zombie Game
- Call of Duty MW4
- new Rare IP

would be quite an overkill if all of these are true

The return of old Rare?

Even if we take out the multiplatform titles (Destiny, Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed IV, WatchDogs, new Epic Game, I assume it's Fortnite, Call of Duty MW4) the rumored Xbox lineup is strong.

Let's compare them:

FPS - Killzone: Shadow Fall vs. new Zombie game from Black Tusk Studios

TPS - Infamous: Second Son vs Alan Wake 2 (It would even be more even, if AW2 becomes open-world, like the AW1 planned to be.)

Racing - DriveClub vs. Forza 5 or PGR 5 (I don't think they would release two racing games, and even if they do, it doesn't make business sense. Release PGR 5 to give a franchise a boost, and release Forza 5 a year later or so to counter Gran Turismo 6. However, if they release both Forza will probably crush PGR.

Platformer - Knack vs. new Rare IP (God, I hope Rare makes a great game, even I'm sure it will have Kinect support.)

Core game with motion control - Ryse vs well Sony doesn't have anything.

Of course it's a rumor, and we haven't seen a single game from Microsoft or what Sony still has for the PS4, but it will be an even battle from what I gather.

PS.: Alan Wake 2 will be an exclusive, or will come out on PC? Because the AW series creator Remedy is a big PC supporter.

DirtyP2002 said:

Rumored launch titles:

- Forza Motorsport 5
- Alan Wake 2
- Ryse
- Destiny
- PGR 5
- Battlefield 4
- Assassin's Creed Next
- WatchDogs
- new Epic Game
- new Zombie Game
- Call of Duty MW4
- new Rare IP

would be quite an overkill if all of these are true

Even going multi platform.. yeah that's a damn good list.

I get 3 games at the most during the first 6 months a system is out. That list makes it hard to buy less then 5.

It's just that simple.

Alan Wake 2 won't exactly be a big seller, but should do I good job at showing off the graphics and appeal to the hardcore games

The racing games have been heavily rumoured, so I wouldn't be hugely surprised if they were launch titles

I would surprised by Destiny as a launch title, as they have basically said it won't be ready this year, but it is not out of the question

The main thing that I do expect is something Halo, a little spin off maybe or Halo 2 HD, though the latter wouldn't be such a system seller

Around the Network

Couldn't the zombie game and epic game be that game epic demo last year fortnight or what ever its name was?

celticlonewolf said:
Couldn't the zombie game and epic game be that game epic demo last year fortnight or what ever its name was?

It will be Fortnite probably. I mean that's Epic's first UE4 game. So why would it not be? And I'm sure it's multiplatform.

The Zombie Game however will probably be a new game developed by Black Tusk Studios. 

I'm sure we will talk about them, because they are one of the main first party studios Microsoft was building for next-gen. They're making an FPS game to rival the Halo series as far as the general public has been told. Microsoft will have Halo and a new IP; so Sony will need more than just Killzone. That's why I think they'll need the Resistance series.

ironmanDX said:
Mad55 said:
thranx said:
spurgeonryan said:
I believe someone already confirmed it was being called "720". Maybe it was a joke thread?

wasn't a joke thread, just wasn't accurate. it wont be called xbox 720

Ya sure?

Yes, can we get back to the topic now?

Lol no your not.

Sounds like a great line up and I'm especially excited for that new Rare IP.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Hmm the only one in that list that is appealing is the rare ip, since they have settled some stupid suite for killer instinct, maybe they had it up their sleeve along time and now the name has been resolved that will be a big surprise? I would be stoked! other than that its all meh. I look forward to see some of these in action at the M$ show just before e3.