- Battlefield 4
- Assassin's Creed Next
- WatchDogs
- new Epic Game - Exclusive?
- new Zombie Game - Exclusive
- Call of Duty MW4
- new Rare IP - Exclusive

would be quite an overkill if all of these are true

Does that sound about right? Not bad at all if true! How many of those would be 1st party?

U serious a with that vid? Of course it matters. It's the exclusives that defines a console, and most exclusives comes from 1st party studios.

As long as it's exclusive and MS owns the IP it does not matter if it is 1 or 2nd party.

Second party developer is a colloquial term used by gaming enthusiasts and media often used to describe two different types of game development studios:

1. Independently-owned studios who take development contracts from the platform holders and what they produce will usually be exclusive to that platform.
  2. Studios who are partially or wholly owned by the platform holder (also known as a subsidiary) and what they produce will usually be exclusive to that platform.

In reality, the resulting game is first party (since it is funded by the platform holder who usually owns the resulting IP), but the term helps to distinguish independent studios from those directly owned by the platform holder.

So, it really does matter if it's 1st party or not. Gears COULD go multi plat next gen, and that wouldn't be good of course.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
What's the point of releasing a Forza game every year? It's not like they are growing the franchise with each release..its actually the opposite.

Forza 4 still sold a few million and still selling. Forza Horizon was a spinoff, still sold better than any Sony release of 2012.

The next gen platform needs a racer. Might as well give it one of the best on the market.

Is that supposed to be an accomplishment? Sony released no AAA games in 2012. Last I checked, Froza was a AAA title, yet its sales don't reflect that. Spinoff or not.

DirtyP2002 said:

Rumored launch titles:

- Forza Motorsport 5
- Alan Wake 2
- Ryse
- Destiny
- PGR 5
- Battlefield 4
- Assassin's Creed Next
- WatchDogs
- new Epic Game
- new Zombie Game
- Call of Duty MW4
- new Rare IP

That looks like the best launch lineup I've ever seen for a console. I sure hope that's true!

DanneSandin said:
Jadedx said:
DanneSandin said:
Nsanity said:
DanneSandin said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Rumored launch titles:

- Forza Motorsport 5 - Exclusive
- Alan Wake 2 - Exclusive
- Ryse - Exclusive
- Destiny
- PGR 5 - Exclusive
- Battlefield 4
- Assassin's Creed Next
- WatchDogs
- new Epic Game - Exclusive?
- new Zombie Game - Exclusive
- Call of Duty MW4
- new Rare IP - Exclusive

Does that sound about right? Not bad at all if true! How many of those would be 1st party?

U serious a with that vid? Of course it matters. It's the exclusives that defines a console, and most exclusives comes from 1st party studios.

As long as it's exclusive and MS owns the IP it does not matter if it is 1 or 2nd party.

Second party developer is a colloquial term used by gaming enthusiasts and media often used to describe two different types of game development studios:

1. Independently-owned studios who take development contracts from the platform holders and what they produce will usually be exclusive to that platform.
  2. Studios who are partially or wholly owned by the platform holder (also known as a subsidiary) and what they produce will usually be exclusive to that platform.

In reality, the resulting game is first party (since it is funded by the platform holder who usually owns the resulting IP), but the term helps to distinguish independent studios from those directly owned by the platform holder.

So, it really does matter if it's 1st party or not. Gears COULD go multi plat next gen, and that wouldn't be good of course.

Well most of the games listed as exclusive ms holds the ip, so i guess by your definition, at least five of the seven games are 1st party.

Nsanity said:
Another game rumored for the Durango is Gears of War: Tactics http://www.vgleaks.com/gears-of-war-tactics-first-screens-alpha-work/

Looking at those screeens it looks like a mobile game. No way they would release a game that looks that horrible on the next Xbox, not even the 360. It could be an XBLA game though, but considering how poor Judgement sales are, they'll probably delay this game indefinitely, whatever platform its supposed to release on. Gears of War isn't in a position to be milked right now.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
What's the point of releasing a Forza game every year? It's not like they are growing the franchise with each release..its actually the opposite.

Forza 4 still sold a few million and still selling. Forza Horizon was a spinoff, still sold better than any Sony release of 2012.

The next gen platform needs a racer. Might as well give it one of the best on the market.

Is that supposed to be an accomplishment? Sony released no AAA games in 2012. Last I checked, Froza was a AAA title, yet its sales don't reflect that. Spinoff or not.

Forza Horizons is selling about as well as a NFS game, which makes sense.

I don't think it was an AAA game either (in budget or reviews).

EDIT: Also to your Gears of War Tactics comment: Did you not see the alpha part in the title?

VGKing said:
Nsanity said:
Another game rumored for the Durango is Gears of War: Tactics http://www.vgleaks.com/gears-of-war-tactics-first-screens-alpha-work/

Looking at those screeens it looks like a mobile game. No way they would release a game that looks that horrible on the next Xbox, not even the 360. It could be an XBLA game though, but considering how poor Judgement sales are, they'll probably delay this game indefinitely, whatever platform its supposed to release on. Gears of War isn't in a position to be milked right now.

VGLeaks

We would like to show you pictures of this game, those pictures are extracted from a previous footage. The graphics are poor, obviously, the video showed a game in works, probably an alpha version, maybe more primitive.

VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:

You contradict yourself here, you say sony released no AAA games but lbp is a triple A title, does it not count because it is a spinoff?

yo_john117 said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:

Forza Horizons is selling about as well as a NFS game, which makes sense.

I don't think it was an AAA game either (in budget or reviews).

EDIT: Also to your Gears of War Tactics comment: Did you not see the alpha part in the title?

Alpha or not it doesn't matter. Look at how the game is from a top-down view and look at those touch-controls. It's obviously a mobile game.

Jadedx said:
DanneSandin said:

Well most of the games listed as exclusive ms holds the ip, so i guess by your definition, at least five of the seven games are 1st party.

It would appear so, and if this list is true it's probably the best 1st party launch line up of a new console, indicating MS is fucking serious this time around (not that they weren't before, but we've heard a lot of things sounding like it'll be more of a media box). If this is true they're going full out, taking Sony head on and leaving Nintendo in the dust. This would be a great start for 9th gen for them!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.