By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Four Rumored Xbox Next Launch Titles

VGKing said:
yo_john117 said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
What's the point of releasing a Forza game every year? It's not like they are growing the franchise with each release..its actually the opposite.

Forza 4 still sold a few million and still selling. Forza Horizon was a spinoff, still sold better than any Sony release of 2012.

The next gen platform needs a racer. Might as well give it one of the best on the market.

Is that supposed to be an accomplishment? Sony released no AAA games in 2012. Last I checked, Froza was a AAA title, yet its sales don't reflect that. Spinoff or not.

Forza Horizons is selling about as well as a NFS game, which makes sense.

I don't think it was an AAA game either (in budget or reviews).

EDIT: Also to your Gears of War Tactics comment: Did you not see the alpha part in the title?

Alpha or not it doesn't matter. Look at how the game is from a top-down view and look at those touch-controls. It's obviously a mobile game.

Well, it does actually matter since we're speaking graphics. But I agree; looks like it will be a mobile game.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
What's the point of releasing a Forza game every year? It's not like they are growing the franchise with each release..its actually the opposite.

Forza 4 still sold a few million and still selling. Forza Horizon was a spinoff, still sold better than any Sony release of 2012.

The next gen platform needs a racer. Might as well give it one of the best on the market.

Is that supposed to be an accomplishment? Sony released no AAA games in 2012. Last I checked, Froza was a AAA title, yet its sales don't reflect that. Spinoff or not.

Starhawk, Twisted Metal and PlayStation All-Stars ring a bell?

thats an awesome list

Jadedx said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:

You contradict yourself here, you say sony released no AAA games but lbp is a triple A title, does it not count because it is a spinoff?

Forza 4 and Horizons are both racers. It didn't go outside its genre even though its a spin-off. Turn 10 did have a hand in developing this game.
LBP Karting is a racing game. It is so far removed from what makes LBP....LBP. The poor sales aren't surprising. The game wasn't even made by Media Molecule.

LBP 1 sold well because it was a unique game. A sequel wasn't needed and neither was this Karting spinoff. This is reflected in the sales.

Forza 2 and 3 were great games. 4 and Horizon are just too much. Sales reflect this.

You just proved my point that unnecessary sequels/spin-offs hurt these  franchises. 

Nsanity said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:

Starhawk, Twisted Metal and PlayStation All-Stars ring a bell?

None of those are AAA in any sense of the word.(Sales/Developer/Brand Recognition/Budget)

Starhawk is the spiritual sequel to Warhawk which barely made it to 1million units sold. Last I checked, 1m =/= AAA
Twisted Metal is a reboot of a franchise that never sold that well to begin with. Combat Racing is a niche genre.
Playstation All-Stars is a great idea with poor execution. You can tell the budget was really low for this game. Not exactly AAA material.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

Rumored launch titles:

- Forza Motorsport 5
- Alan Wake 2
- Ryse
- Destiny
- PGR 5
- Battlefield 4
- Assassin's Creed Next
- WatchDogs
- new Epic Game
- new Zombie Game
- Call of Duty MW4
- new Rare IP

would be quite an overkill if all of these are true

That's more a "launch window" list verse day one games. However considering it hasn't even been announced yet, we can expect to add like 10 titles to that list.

JoeTheBro said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Rumored launch titles:

- Forza Motorsport 5
- Alan Wake 2
- Ryse
- Destiny
- PGR 5
- Battlefield 4
- Assassin's Creed Next
- WatchDogs
- new Epic Game
- new Zombie Game
- Call of Duty MW4
- new Rare IP

That's more a "launch window" list verse day one games. However considering it hasn't even been announced yet, we can expect to add like 10 titles to that list.

Not true, both xbox 1 and xbox 360 launched with a large number of games day 1.

Jadedx said:
JoeTheBro said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Rumored launch titles:

- Forza Motorsport 5
- Alan Wake 2
- Ryse
- Destiny
- PGR 5
- Battlefield 4
- Assassin's Creed Next
- WatchDogs
- new Epic Game
- new Zombie Game
- Call of Duty MW4
- new Rare IP

Sure..., but most of these won't be those day one games.

JoeTheBro said:
Jadedx said:
JoeTheBro said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Rumored launch titles:

- Forza Motorsport 5
- Alan Wake 2
- Ryse
- Destiny
- PGR 5
- Battlefield 4
- Assassin's Creed Next
- WatchDogs
- new Epic Game
- new Zombie Game
- Call of Duty MW4
- new Rare IP

I don't see why not, add a few sports titles and it mirrors the amount of games that came out at 360s launch(18).

Jadedx said:
JoeTheBro said:
Jadedx said:
JoeTheBro said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Rumored launch titles:

- Forza Motorsport 5
- Alan Wake 2
- Ryse
- Destiny
- PGR 5
- Battlefield 4
- Assassin's Creed Next
- WatchDogs
- new Epic Game
- new Zombie Game
- Call of Duty MW4
- new Rare IP

I don't see why not, add a few sports titles and it mirrors the amount of games that came out at 360s launch(18).

Yeah but look at those 360 launch games. Very few were big AAA titles. Meanwhile this whole list apart from Rare and maybe AW2 is nothing but big and great titles. Microsoft will not have 10+ super games available at day one. It would be moronic for Microsoft to do that.