By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Four Rumored Xbox Next Launch Titles

JoeTheBro said:
Why would we need two racing games at launch? Forza or PGR alone could go head to head with driveclub so this doesn't make much sense. If I was in charge I'd push one of them back to compete with GT6.

Alan Wake 2 will be great and could possibly be a graphics whore game to show off the system's power. I bet the epic game will be multiplat so that's why AW should look better.

Depends on the launch window.  When a game is said to launch with a console that window I believe is within 6 months.  Also Forza and PGR are two totally different type of racing games so they complement each other.  Forza more simulation and PGR arcade.

Around the Network

All i need is PGR5, every game is the series has been a masterpiece. I would buy the console JUST for that one and only game, everything else would just added value and awesome.

ToraReaper said:
All i need is PGR5, every game is the series has been a masterpiece. I would buy the console JUST for that one and only game, everything else would just added value and awesome.

Most people don't share that opinion.

I'm praying for a Forza at launch personally, just because I want to know what kind of graphics it will be capable of Vs Forza 4/GT5.

What's the point of releasing a Forza game every year? It's not like they are growing the franchise with each release..its actually the opposite.

fillet said:
ToraReaper said:

I'm praying for a Forza at launch personally, just because I want to know what kind of graphics it will be capable of Vs Forza 4/GT5.

I understand and accept the fact that most wouldn't share that opinion. Personally I feel that PGR has mastered the racing genre, every entry has been flawless. Personally I find sim racing soulless and boring, PGR is just pure style and excitement, and its physics engine was superb. IMO PGR4 is still the perfect racing game.

Around the Network
ToraReaper said:
fillet said:
ToraReaper said:

I understand and accept the fact that most wouldn't share that opinion. Personally I feel that PGR has mastered the racing genre, every entry has been flawless. Personally I find sim racing soulless and boring, PGR is just pure style and excitement, and its physics engine was superb. IMO PGR4 is still the perfect racing game.

Have to admit I'm a bit biased here myself as I love 60fps games. If I remember correctly was a bit put off by the 30fps in PGR4. It was fun but though, more so than Forza. I'd like a middle point game myself, some might call that Forza Horizon, but personally feel even that is a bit too arcadey. Hey ho...all good.

DirtyP2002 said:

Rumored launch titles:

- Forza Motorsport 5
- Alan Wake 2
- Ryse
- Destiny
- PGR 5
- Battlefield 4
- Assassin's Creed Next
- WatchDogs
- new Epic Game
- new Zombie Game
- Call of Duty MW4
- new Rare IP

would be quite an overkill if all of these are true

It would possibly be... no... it WOULD be the best launch line up ive seen.

But you have to ask; all of those titles would be multi million in development costs. Would it make financial sense to include them in a consoles launch line up? Yes theres a broad selection to suit all tastes but it would need to be a fantastic attach rate for all to profit. And i dont think PS4 or the next Xbox will have the dry spell that the WiiU suffered from so the launch games will have more competition shortly down the line. It would make much more sense for Microsoft to space its big titles out over the course of the year.

That said, there isnt a game on that list i would turn down at launch.

Forza Horizon is a spin-off that was made by another developer and not Turn 10.

DirtyP2002 said:

Rumored launch titles:

- Forza Motorsport 5 - Exclusive
- Alan Wake 2 - Exclusive
- Ryse - Exclusive
- Destiny
- PGR 5 - Exclusive
- Battlefield 4
- Assassin's Creed Next
- WatchDogs
- new Epic Game - Exclusive?
- new Zombie Game - Exclusive
- Call of Duty MW4
- new Rare IP - Exclusive

would be quite an overkill if all of these are true

Does that sound about right? Not bad at all if true! How many of those would be 1st party?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Munkeh111 said:
Alan Wake 2 won't exactly be a big seller, but should do I good job at showing off the graphics and appeal to the hardcore games

Actually gamers tend to buy stuff more at the beginning of the generation because people are more willing to try something new.  If Alan Wake 2 is a launch title it could sell a lot over time if it ends up being really good.  Each new Xbox sold people would pick up the new Alan Wake.