By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will I be able to sell PS4 pre-order at a high price?

the $99 360 is pretty much a peripheral for the 720 right?

So the real 360(with disc drive) WONT drop to $99

Isnt this the case or..

Around the Network

preorder resale is only very profitable on shortages or when offering shipping into markets where the console isn't available on initial release. I suspect though as others have mentioned that there won't be any significant profits available this time around for any of the consoles, too much competition. Also a lot of the high prices listed on ebay for Wii U never got sold (don't confuse greedy resellers listing high prices with actual sales).

Most likely you will get considerably less than you paid for it, but it depends on PS4 demand and supply, you could end up breaking even if you are lucky.

The PS3 and Wii were exceptions, not the rule.

The Wii was the console with the highest demand ever for the first 2 years, something not even Nintendo anticipated.
The PS3 used retarded hardware, that ended up being hard to manufacture, something Sony did not anticipate.

Don't worry, you won't make too much of a loss, only $20-30 or so assuming that Sony have at least 1 big launch game, maybe $30-40 if they don't.

Is the pre order fully paid for? Honestly if I was wanting to get a PS4 online I would just buy it from Amazon or Gamestop rather than pay for it from someone on ebay who will likely be charging more for the PS4 than what retailers sale it for.

yes you should, the hype for the ps4 should be high enough to guarantee you getting a good chunk of change for yours, same thing for the 720 but if they go with the mobile phone plan you might fucked since people will think the 720 is cheaper than what it really is

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

nah it probably won't work. Companies learn from their mistakes. WiiU had much more supply than Wii and never truly sold out. The black WiiU was only sold out during launch (Black Friday) but the standard SKU was always available.
360 was also very supply constraint in the US. I doubt MS will do the same mistake again.
As for Sony, the PS3 wasn't supply constraint as far as I know but it was delayed in Europe because they didn't have enough unit when it was supposed to launch.

Launch wise WiiU was also above 360 and PS3. I don't think that the new next gen consoles will do much more than 360 and PS3 during that timeframe.

Still early PS3 models were in high demand due to having more features than the latter SKUs. So you never know...

Follow up question everyone. Considering the white superslim PS3 is still selling above value on Ebay, I think I'll at least be able to break even at launch. Anywho question is, if I pre-order on Amazon does payment go through right away or could I cancel and never have to pay a dime on the second order.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

i wouldn't bet my money on it.

i'm thinking ps4 will do well enough but i doubt sellouts will last much beyond the 2nd or 3rd week, just like wiiU.

I wouldn't take a change but its not my money but you might as well take a gamble if it doesn't work out you can always keep the system.

im gonna buy one to sell it but if it turns out that its not worth selling then ill just end up with a ps4 :D