By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will I be able to sell PS4 pre-order at a high price?

i have 2 ps4 launch day editions preordered. one at gamestop, the other at amazon. im thinking of ditching one or the other, bc im not sure how much money i could make this time around. i think supply could be pretty good, making it not so much in my favor. i will keep an eye out though, kinda wait and see.... i know someone who would buy it for maybe a $50 profit so it wouldnt be a total loss.

Around the Network
Fireforgey said:
Soleron said:

Do you really think PS4 will sell out, when

i) It uses well understood hardware from well tested manufacturing plants, unlike the PS3
ii) It will be competingat $400+ vs. a $99 360 and a presumably sub-$200 PS3 with almost all of the same games available
iii) All of one's friends are still on Live/PSN and not on the new service, and
iv) Wii U didn't

WHAAAAAA? You mean to tell me that after a 300$ console didn't sell massive amounts, a console that will have about the same quality library, no backwards compatibility and at least 100$ more expensive....and people wont be out buying it in droves?  Dude what are you on?

Dude the WiiU has a naming problem for one. All the older less tech savvy folks who helped skyrocket the Wii to siccess have no idea what the hell the WiiU even is. The Wii was an anomaly as far as consoles go and unless Nintendo offsets their console releases from the big TWO by like 2-3 years I'm gonna go on to say Nintendo is not that far away from joining Sega as a third party dev. WiiU is still being outsold by the original Wii exept in Japan and even there the sales are anemic at best. Hell the Vita is selling better than the WiiU.

The WiiUs lack of success will have no bearing on how well the PS4 and XB1 do.

nemesis4670 said:

Jay520 said:

Artificial shortages. I hear companies deliberately send out too few consoles to force shortages, making consumers think the product is in high demand.

How did you find this thread?