By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo confident that Wii third party sales will change for the better

well i would have to agree with them,i think it will become much better,as more and better third party games come out

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Of course they'll improve. The user base is swelling at a record rate, and more games with a decent development times are coming out all the time. I expect the Wii to have the most million seller by the end of the year, and the most third party million sellers before the end of 2009.

obviously it has to improve, because its terrible right now, nowhere to go but up.

probably won't go very far though, lol.

I say its likely, the wii is selling like hotcakes, and sooner or later games will have to sell as well. You wont play wii sports forever. Therefore cheap 3rd party games should sell.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

how can you not improve if you start at rock bottom. Hopefully Nintendo will step up their quality checks of games so that less shit comes onto the market.

...Ninja Bread Man....

http://wii.ign.com/articles/844/844327p1.html 

Around the Network

as quality improves so should sales. the ever increasing userbase (or is it install base?) of the wii should also pick things up a bit. I would be surprised if third party software is not selling better this time next year

it will only improve when third partys start taking risks and producing quality wii games

Nice dreams, their game does 17 million a 3rd party does barely over 1 million.

Thats a gap that is not getting any smaller. Between nintendo fanboys who have never bought many games especially 3rd party and casual soccer mons who see NINTENDO Wii and pick up a Nintendo Game (aka wii sports) Wii simply lacks people that are open to all other kinds of games especially 3rd party.

It will never improve much, no matter how the user base grows.

really what does mario & sonic then? sell like shit?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The Article said:

I just don’t know how long third parties are willing to hold onto the hope that their game sales will pick up. There are some third parties with excellent Wii software that just doesn’t sell.

I would love for him/her to quote some exact games that did poorly and should have done well.

@Mars,

No third part developer expects their games to break 10m let alone 17m. All developers really want to see is that their games produce profit and that their good games produce a lot of profit. A million selling game produces a lot of profit (especially on the wii) and there have been several 3rd party games that have already broken 1m units and growing.

The simple fact is that your argument is identical to what people said about the DS and its third party situation not too long ago. Now the DS is a third party beast. It is true that the Nintendo branded games still do well on the DS but so long as third parties do well also they don't really care how well Nintendo does...because its not a zero sum game and it never has been.

The Wii's situation is a fairly good analogy to the situation of the DS a few years ago, and in reality things have already started moving that way in terms of 3rd party support picking up this year. It will become harder and harder to deny as time goes on and big 3rd party games are released that have already been announced and promptly ignored by naysayers.

@topic, 

Really it is interesting that of all of the arguments from launch that the Wii won't succeed we are down to only a single argument left really. The attach ratio argument held on for a good time also but now the only one left with any strength is "ZOMG third parties h8 nintendo consoles!!".

I'll have to leave it up to fkusumot to tell me how far away from acceptance we are.

To Each Man, Responsibility