By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo confident that Wii third party sales will change for the better

Sqrl said:
fkusumot said:
Sqrl said:
fkusumot said:
Sqrl said:

I'll have to leave it up to fkusumot to tell me how far away from acceptance we are.

• Denial (Wii Fit will bomb!)
  • Anger (I blame Wii Fit!)
  • Bargaining (Please God, I'll do anything if you make it go away.)
  • Depression (I don't care about Wii Fit. Let it destroy gaming. I'm starting a new hobby.)
  • Acceptance (I, for one, accept our new Wii Fit overlords.)

It seems like different people are at different stages but if I am interpreting this properly this means we are almost officially beyond denial accross the board. We've been seeing anger for a while and bargaining has been around for a bit as well..I think Leo was the first to hit depression and we have a few that actually seemed to skip depression and go straight to acceptance. Interesting....

Close. Rocketpig has stated that Wii Fit will not sell more than 7 million WW (or maybe 8?). He might be revising that shortly. As for the stages of grief, not everyone goes through all of them, and not always in the same order. The above progression is what is seen in the majority of cases (the norm).

Aaah that explains a lot. I once lost my favorite hat and I was stuck in denial for like 2 hours looking for it. Then I got angry that I lost it for a while. But I was confused because I skipped bargaining and was depressed for the rest of the night..in the morning I accepted that it was gone and bought a new one. Luckily I still have my new hat.

Now that I know different people go through the stages differently I understand why I skipped bargaining...before I just thought it was because there was nobody to bargain with...of course maybe I am just forgetting and I said something like "please god help me find my hat and I will stop kicking puppies and kittens..i promise!". That would qualify as bargaining right?

Well to be far.  Not everyone goes through all the stages of grief... nor do they necessary come in the order they are listed.  The order they are listed in are in the same order but it's possible to have only 2 of the phases or more etc.

That list is just the usual emotions listed in the usual order. 

Around the Network
RPGJock said:
ioi just reported in a different post that "No More Heroes" sold 33k in the first week of NA. Take it as you may for the future of Wii software...

http://gonintendo.com/?p=34409

Your're an idiot. That's not a troll, it's a fact.

Your spreading speculation while purposefully leaving out obviously vital information, just to further your retarded argument, which you can only prey is true, that's the troll.

Here's something for ya. Even if Nintendo loses all 3rd party support, it is very likely that the Wii will continue to rape the Playstation 3 in software and hardware units sold per month, for the entireity of this generation, just as they have done so far. I could speculate the reasoning behind this, but then I myself would be trolling. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Metallicube said:
Soriku said:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=34406#comments

Nintendo confident that Wii third party sales will change for the better

“When we develop new hardware at Nintendo, we do so as a collaboration between the hardware development teams and the software development teams. Our software sales percentage is currently high because our internal teams teams know the Wii’s special characteristics best, and they started development quite a bit before the Wii’s release.However, we believe that eventually that will change If you look at the data for our third quarter you’ll see that, out of the 14 Wii titles that shipped over a million units, 11 of those were our titles. However, if you look at the 50 titles that shipped over a million units on DS, only 28 of those are ours. We identified the same thing in the DS’ first period, and the situation continues to change little by little. For the Wii too, we believe that as time passes, the proportion of high-selling titles that come from our licensees will increase.” - Nintendo meeting transcript

I just don’t know how long third parties are willing to hold onto the hope that their game sales will pick up. There are some third parties with excellent Wii software that just doesn’t sell.

Link

I dunno, I can't think of any besides Zack and Wiki..

That's because Zack and Wiki isn't exactly inviting looking to its core audience.

Great game.

Bad title, boxart, marketing, and shelfspace.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Kasz216 said:

fkusumot said:

As for the stages of grief, not everyone goes through all of them, and not always in the same order.

Well to be far. Not everyone goes through all the stages of grief... nor do they necessary come in the order they are listed. The order they are listed in are in the same order but it's possible to have only 2 of the phases or more etc.

Kasz! What up? How's it going? You okay?

fkusumot said:
Kasz216 said:

fkusumot said:

As for the stages of grief, not everyone goes through all of them, and not always in the same order.

Well to be far. Not everyone goes through all the stages of grief... nor do they necessary come in the order they are listed. The order they are listed in are in the same order but it's possible to have only 2 of the phases or more etc.

Kasz! What up? How's it going? You okay

Not really. I've got a tooth ace due to a dentist doing the first part of a crown, (tooth didn't hurt before that.) and i've caught a pretty bad cold.

As for the depression talk though. I just have a degree in Psychology.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
RPGJock said:
ioi just reported in a different post that "No More Heroes" sold 33k in the first week of NA. Take it as you may for the future of Wii software...

Your spreading speculation while purposefully leaving out obviously vital information, just to further your retarded argument, which you can only prey is true, that's the troll.

Here's something for ya. Even if Nintendo loses all 3rd party support, it is very likely that the Wii will continue to rape the Playstation 3 in software and hardware units sold per month, for the entireity of this generation, just as they have done so far. I could speculate the reasoning behind this, but then I myself would be trolling.

First off, what is with the name calling??  I just simply stated that ioi stated so far that No More Heroes sold 33k for the first week in America.  

quote : "No More Heroes sold less than 30k I'm afraid. Software will be updated tomorrow."

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=15862

So if he is wrong, I am sorry for passing long misinformation.  But he is the one that is doing the counting, right?

And who said I wanted this game to do badly.  In fact I want the more seriously made games for the Wii to do well.  I want the Wii to have a balanced eco-game system.  But if re hashed games from other platforms and mini games packages sell out the door while games that take time to play and actually challenges the Wii graphically and spirutually tank, what do you think will happen.  Honestly....

I'm just saying...

RPGJock said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
RPGJock said:

First off, what is with the name calling??  I just simply stated that ioi stated so far that No More Heroes sold 33k for the first week in America.  

quote : "No More Heroes sold less than 30k I'm afraid. Software will be updated tomorrow."

So if he is wrong, I am sorry for passing long misinformation.  But he is the one that is doing the counting, right?

And who said I wanted this game to do badly.  In fact I want the more seriously made games for the Wii to do well.  I want the Wii to have a balanced eco-game system.  But if re hashed games from other platforms and mini games packages sell out the door while games that take time to play and actually challenges the Wii graphically and spirutually tank, what do you think will happen.  Honestly....

Realistic expectations for No More Heroes would be 250,000 to 500,000 units in its lifetime worldwide ...

Suda 51 is a lot like a muscian who plays a hybrid of Jazz, Punk and Country; no matter how good it is, few people will apprieciate it, and it will never be wildly successful. On top of this, Ubisoft didn't put a lot of money towards marketing and (from what I saw) few retailers carried it.

RPGJock said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
RPGJock said:

First off, what is with the name calling?? I just simply stated that ioi stated so far that No More Heroes sold 33k for the first week in America.

So if he is wrong, I am sorry for passing long misinformation. But he is the one that is doing the counting, right?

And who said I wanted this game to do badly. In fact I want the more seriously made games for the Wii to do well. I want the Wii to have a balanced eco-game system. But if re hashed games from other platforms and mini games packages sell out the door while games that take time to play and actually challenges the Wii graphically and spirutually tank, what do you think will happen. Honestly....

Have you even read the damn article? It says NMH was almost completely sold out, so it sold not too well due to supply constraints (as tiring as it gets, yes). I would guess that without supply constraints, the game wouldn't have sold THAT much better, probably around 50k or so, but that is still quite good, considering NMH is an extremely niche title. In fact, it's VERY likely NMH will be Suda51's best selling title EVER.

It's not a flop as some people call it, it's just an underrated (saleswise) game.

Chrizum said:
RPGJock said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
RPGJock said:

First off, what is with the name calling?? I just simply stated that ioi stated so far that No More Heroes sold 33k for the first week in America.

So if he is wrong, I am sorry for passing long misinformation. But he is the one that is doing the counting, right?

And who said I wanted this game to do badly. In fact I want the more seriously made games for the Wii to do well. I want the Wii to have a balanced eco-game system. But if re hashed games from other platforms and mini games packages sell out the door while games that take time to play and actually challenges the Wii graphically and spirutually tank, what do you think will happen. Honestly....

Have you even read the damn article? It says NMH was almost completely sold out, so it sold not too well due to supply constraints (as tiring as it gets, yes). I would guess that without supply constraints, the game wouldn't have sold THAT much better, probably around 50k or so, but that is still quite good, considering NMH is an extremely niche title. In fact, it's VERY likely NMH will be Suda51's best selling title EVER.

It's not a flop as some people call it, it's just an underrated (saleswise) game.

That's not what the article says, actually. It says that Ubisoft's website is out of stock, but it's impossible to draw conclusions based on that. I agree with your other points.

Desroko said:
Chrizum said:
RPGJock said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
RPGJock said:

That's not what the article says, actually. It says that Ubisoft's website is out of stock, but it's impossible to draw conclusions based on that. I agree with your other points.

@Des

Thank you, I was going to state that but you beat me to it.  Honestly, we don't know how many copies were released to the public.  Unless there is a website that has that info, I missed the part of the article that had supply constraint.  

@ ZenfoldorVGI and who ever else want to critize me or call me a "Sony Fanboi"

The number is out  and it better than ioi reported, 40k.  But yet I am the one who is accused of trolling.  Why because I post the number that ioi was coming up with before the software data release.  At any point did I go "I told that Wii suxors, only crap games sell on it and real games won't sell 3rd party will leave"  No I haven't.  I simply stated what someone else stated, who happens to run this site.  And like I said in a earlier post, you be a fool if think 3rd party publishers will leave Nintendo.  I am saying that they need to step up and Nintendo need regulate what coming out and don't make it a one sided genre fest.  It very easy to get stuck with a label once public opinion is made.  For example, Xbox has had several hits in different genre in the past couple of years but people know it as a console full of shooters.   

Look I have been a Nintendo "fanboi" probably way back before most of you were even a sparkle in your daddy's eye.  Before that, I was a Commodore fanboi, and before that I was an Atari Fanboi.  I will always be a  PC fanboi.  Yes, truth be told I currently own a PS3 only.  Do I plan on getting a Wii, hell yes.  Hopefully I can get one this summer when the madness dies down long enough for me to get one.  Why because Nintendo makes fun games.  They always have.  I want to play Zelda, SMG, Mario Kart.  No I don't really get SSBB but I don't have to buy that game...  When DQ9 comes out, I will probably get it.  And yes, I do believe when its all said and done, Nintendo will be the home of Kingdom Hearts 3.  But as I question before, what kind of game will it really be?  I mean I like some mini games ( I am a fan of Mario Party series, its a good game to play the kids) but not when it encompasses the whole platform.or becomes a major part of a game that didn't have it before.  Like I said earlier, I want a balanced eco system, casual and core games, which will make the system versatile.  But it up to Nintendo and 3rd party publishers to do that.  At this point, 3rd party publishers are having more success on either porting over games that were on other systems or making mini-game games.  Which is a shame to me but maybe I am wrong.  Maybe I am just trolling...  Trolling the 3rd party publishers that are doing it to the Wii.  

I'm just saying...