By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fiscal Earnings - 70 Million Profit Year-End, Q4 - Loss (70 Million)

Seriously don't think that Nintendo will make the 1 billion, and the WiiU NEEDS a price cut.

3DS is their saving grace this year.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
Vinniegambini said:

DAMN, Nintendo is changing most of its board of directors. New department heards are about to step in hmmmm....

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/130424_3e.pdf

WOAH. Hopefully that doesn't mean Iwata will go though.

If the board is changing that means they realize they need to catch up to modern ways of thinking. Good for them.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

9mil wiiu's for the next FY? hmm price cut? Some big games? I dunno it sounds very optimistic so they might have some big cards to play

The Operating Loss was twice as much as that previous article by an analyst predicted iirc..that's not good

overall net profit thanks to weakening yen...at least the yen situation is doing them a lot of good

3ds hw and sw sales are great

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Otakumegane said:
 WiiU NEEDS a price cut.

Isn't it already taking a loss per unit sold? So a price curt would only bleed more money?

What it needs is compelling software.

Otakumegane said:

It's not enough to get Iwata get fired or anything I think.

Doubtful. It looks like it was enough to get other people "cut loose," though, unless half their general managers decided to "retire" at the same time.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network
Vinniegambini said:

DAMN, Nintendo is changing most of its board of directors. New department heards are about to step in hmmmm....

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/130424_3e.pdf

I take that as good news. Just don't let Iwata go. I like the guy.

Soundwave said:

The kinda worrisome thing about the 3DS is it's numbers from last year in Q3 and Q4 are way down year over year. Which is unusual for a platform entering mid-cycle, it should be accelerating greatly right now, not decelerating.

The 3DS software attach ratio is not very good either.

Wouldn't be worrisome for you if you understood why the 3DS was down. Bottom line, you needn't lose any sleep over it, not that you were going to. 3DS is selling quite well. It had trouble matching Holiday 2011 sales because Holiday 2011 sales were ridiculous.

Why some people still insist on pretending that the 3DS is not selling well is beyond me.

Giving the wiiu a price cut at this moment would be stupid. Something like that should come with at least one major game on the system..Fall would be the best time

Then again they are still losing money afaik...so might not be a possibility. Market share or profits

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Btw, Nintendo DS to be discontinued....

the_dengle said:

Why some people still insist on pretending that the 3DS is not selling well is beyond me.

Some people just can't seem to sleep at night without the conviction that Nintendo is doomed. (Not specifying Soundwave here, just those who constantly try to deny the success of 3DS) They were so gleeful about smartphones destroying Nintendo's handheld division, and now that they've been proved wrong, they're bitter.

A system that's sold 30 million systems in two years and leads the weekly hardware charts is certainly not doomed.