By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fiscal Earnings - 70 Million Profit Year-End, Q4 - Loss (70 Million)

the_dengle said:

Wouldn't be worrisome for you if you understood why the 3DS was down. Bottom line, you needn't lose any sleep over it, not that you were going to. 3DS is selling quite well. It had trouble matching Holiday 2011 sales because Holiday 2011 sales were ridiculous.

Why some people still insist on pretending that the 3DS is not selling well is beyond me.

It has big shoes to fill. Easy to see the DS and think the 3DS will never measure up, especially when that's true.

It doesn't need to, of course, but products that don't do as well, or better, than their predecessors tend to be viewed more critically. That's just the way it is.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:

greatest handheld tie ratio in history. Beast.

Nah, that's the PSP. Oh wait, we're not counting pirated games? :P

Guys what do you think of the wiiu estimation? Think it's possible?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Otakumegane said:
007BondAgent said:
ds is overtracked

DS HW overtracked by 2 million, SW undertracked by 200 million lolz.

wow, that's going to be one hell of an adjustment XD

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

Umm...nah.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

007BondAgent said:
ds is overtracked

I really don't know what ioi/VGC has been thinking lately.  Even after the DS only shipped 30k outside of the Americas in the third quarter, and we got weekly sales from Nintendo showing they were quite low, VGC still had the DS selling more than it shipped.  Now, once again VGC has the DS selling more than it shipped, and shows over 100k in Europe this year despite Nintendo shipping less than half that to the entire world (outside the Americas) in the last six months.

VGC has Wii U at around 2.8mil come March 31st, so 650,000 on shelves, or around 15-20 weeks of supply

3DS is at around 30.6mil, so about 5 weeks supply on shelves. Seems a bit low.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Well, f**k it, a profit is good, as it Yen didn't affected them the other way around some years ago.

9m HW for WiiU, is possible, hopefully they'll announce what are the games that are going to back that up.

M.U.G.E.N said:

If they get some heavy hitters out in time for the holidays and fix up their marketing, yes.

Will that happen? I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath.