By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - (UPDATE: Halo 4 passes Reach)Halo 4 reaches 8.2 million milestone! What is next?

If it manages to sell on par with Halo: Reach's second year from now on it will end up selling 9mil by the end of the year. 

April 6th

Halo 4 (X360)
Microsoft Game Studios, Shooter
22 723,996 8,068,238

End of First Year Halo: Reach

Halo: Reach (X360)
16 7,100,482 7,100,482

April 9th Halo: Reach

41,268 7,750,658 30

7,750,658-7,100,482=650176 sales by April 9th of its second year. It ended up selling 950k more by the end of the year.

Second year sales

68 1,593,350 8,693,832

If Halo 4 manages that it will hit almost exactly 9mil.

This week it sold 

Halo 4 (X360)
46,220 8,068,238 22

which is more than Halo: Reach did 2 years ago so I don't see why it will have any issues getting to 9mil.

Halo 4's weekly sales have stayed more or less the same since the post holiday season. They should drop a bit during the summer and pick up a bit during the holidays just like Halo: Reach.

Tota

Around the Network

Honestly I think the only thing that stands in Halo 4's way is next generation. That could cut it's legs a little bit but we will see what happens. If BC is easy with xbox or if many people end up getting stingray (if that is true) then Halo 4 could be bundled with stingray.

Chris Hu said:

Halo 4 is on of three exclusive games that is a prime canditate for this years 360 holiday bundles the other two games would be Forza Horizon and Gears of War Judgement.  If they only go with one exclusive and one third party game like they did in the 2012 360 holiday bundle then Halo 4 would make the most sense since it has a lot of DLC so despite giving it away for free it would recoup a lot ofs its money on bought DLC.  If it makes it into the holiday bundle their is no way of telling how much it will sell by the end of the year.  Even if its not bundled it shoud get a decent boost for the holidays since a 360 price cut will most likely happen before then.

Good point, but will they do it if they launch a new console this year?

I think Halo 4 will continue to outsell Halo: Reach.  It has people more excieted, plus I think it will continue to sell when Halo 5 and 6 come out as people will want to 'go back to the start of the trilogy.'

I think they will use Halo 4 as a lead for online gaming.  I have a feeling there will be some new big promotions.  People *love* the game, it's well deserved.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Halo 4 got an official price drop last week, so its quite possible it can get sell 9 million or maybe more before the year is out.

Update: Halo 4 passes Goldeneye for 67th place. 42,000 sold this week at 9th place. 138,000 for the month of April

Around the Network

Update: Halo 4 Outsells the 5 week old God of War Ascension. It also is just behind the 4 week old Gears Judgement.

Gears Judgement - 46,000
Halo 4 - 42,000
God of War Ascension - 40,000

No surprise here.

Why compare Halo (FPS) and Gears (TPS) with GOW that is a Hack and Slash game??

Hack and Slash is a type of game that sells alot less than FPS and TPS. I can't understand

Wow, that's quite embarrassing for GOW and Gears that Halo 4 is so close to them even though they are just in their 4/ 5th week,

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

paulrage2 said:
Why compare Halo (FPS) and Gears (TPS) with GOW that is a Hack and Slash game??

Hack and Slash is a type of game that sells alot less than FPS and TPS. I can't understand

It has nothing to do with comparing them.  GoW and Gears are suppose to be big time sellers yet Halo 4 a 23 week old game is outselling games that are a month old.