By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - (UPDATE: Halo 4 passes Reach)Halo 4 reaches 8.2 million milestone! What is next?

pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
And while Gears and GoW are big, Halo is much bigger. Not to mention that GoW and Gears are prequels while Halo 4 is a mainline game that just got an official price cut. Wasn't it more relevant to have Goldeneye in the title like you did before?

Their is successes in the game industry that is a spinoff, prequel, and not numbered sequels.  Gears and God of War is just not as good as the previous installments and people know this.  The excuses are getting real old.

You know as well as I do that exceptions only prove the rule.

So people know this before actually playing it? Makes sense

I'm a little confused in what you are trying to say.  So I dont want to reply until i understand, so what are you saying exactly?

I know this is me replying to an old comment of yours, so that is understandable

You say:

"Their is successes in the game industry that is a spinoff, prequel, and not numbered sequels."

Translation (my response): There are exceptions to the rule that prequels, spinoffs and not numbered sequels generally do worse than mainline games.

You say:

"Gears and God of War is just not as good as the previous installments and people know this"

My reply:

"So people know this before actually playing [them]? Makes sense"

Oh ok.  Well Gears and God of War have a lot of hardcore fans who do follow gaming moderately well.  Now with Ascension they can get away with it since it has Kratos on the cover.  Judgement on the other hand has Baird on the cover and that turns a lot of people off.  It is pretty easy to figure that out even if you dont follo0w gaming news.  Plus gears has a lot of multiplayer fans and multiplayer games relies a lot on word of mouth.  Well word of mouth has been pretty lackluaster.

Ascension has been hurt mainly because it just wasnt as good as previous installments.  I'd say that Ascension will do better through the long run.  I think both games has sold well and I've stood by that.  But ive also stated since seeing Gears J that it would not do near as well as the previous installments.  I was wrong about Ascension because I predicted an 87 metacritic.  

I do believe that fans who knows games well from forums etc are heavily in the minority, but I don't think word of mouth is great for either one of these games.  Kratos being on the cover of ascension does help a little bit though fo God of War.

Around the Network

All hail Halo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty sure Halo Reach has sold over 9m.

EDIT: Yup, Halo 4 hasn't reached it yet.

Jay520 said:
Pretty sure Halo Reach has sold over 9m.

EDIT: Yup, Halo 4 hasn't reached it yet.

Europe numbers.  Not World Wide ;)

pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
And while Gears and GoW are big, Halo is much bigger. Not to mention that GoW and Gears are prequels while Halo 4 is a mainline game that just got an official price cut. Wasn't it more relevant to have Goldeneye in the title like you did before?

Their is successes in the game industry that is a spinoff, prequel, and not numbered sequels.  Gears and God of War is just not as good as the previous installments and people know this.  The excuses are getting real old.

You know as well as I do that exceptions only prove the rule.

So people know this before actually playing it? Makes sense

I'm a little confused in what you are trying to say.  So I dont want to reply until i understand, so what are you saying exactly?

I know this is me replying to an old comment of yours, so that is understandable

You say:

"Their is successes in the game industry that is a spinoff, prequel, and not numbered sequels."

Translation (my response): There are exceptions to the rule that prequels, spinoffs and not numbered sequels generally do worse than mainline games.

You say:

"Gears and God of War is just not as good as the previous installments and people know this"

My reply:

"So people know this before actually playing [them]? Makes sense"

Oh ok.  Well Gears and God of War have a lot of hardcore fans who do follow gaming moderately well.  Now with Ascension they can get away with it since it has Kratos on the cover.  Judgement on the other hand has Baird on the cover and that turns a lot of people off.  It is pretty easy to figure that out even if you dont follo0w gaming news.  Plus gears has a lot of multiplayer fans and multiplayer games relies a lot on word of mouth.  Well word of mouth has been pretty lackluaster.

Ascension has been hurt mainly because it just wasnt as good as previous installments.  I'd say that Ascension will do better through the long run.  I think both games has sold well and I've stood by that.  But ive also stated since seeing Gears J that it would not do near as well as the previous installments.  I was wrong about Ascension because I predicted an 87 metacritic.  

I do believe that fans who knows games well from forums etc are heavily in the minority, but I don't think word of mouth is great for either one of these games.  Kratos being on the cover of ascension does help a little bit though fo God of War.

Reviews wouldn't affect first week sales, and Ascension sold quite a bit less than GoW3 did in its first week. What's the explanation then?

Judgement got bad press way before reviews.  Not so sure about Ascension but wasnt reviews coming out before the release date?

Around the Network

After the massive holiday, I expected it to reach 9m by the summer. I doubt that now. Perhaps 9 mil by the end of the year