By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - (UPDATE: Halo 4 passes Reach)Halo 4 reaches 8.2 million milestone! What is next?

JayWood2010 said:
paulrage2 said:
Why compare Halo (FPS) and Gears (TPS) with GOW that is a Hack and Slash game??

Hack and Slash is a type of game that sells alot less than FPS and TPS. I can't understand

It has nothing to do with comparing them.  GoW and Gears are suppose to be big time sellers yet Halo 4 a 23 week old game is outselling games that are a month old.

It doesn't matter! Because Halo is a FPS. FPS is the genre of game that sells more in this generation. Compare them is not fair.

Around the Network
paulrage2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
paulrage2 said:

Hack and Slash is a type of game that sells alot less than FPS and TPS. I can't understand

It has nothing to do with comparing them.  GoW and Gears are suppose to be big time sellers yet Halo 4 a 23 week old game is outselling games that are a month old.

It doesn't matter! Because Halo is a FPS. FPS is the genre of game that sells more in this generation. Compare them is not fair.

Yeah, you are right.  It isnt fair to compare a 23 week old game to a 5 week and 4 week old game.....

I think you are taking this a bit too serious.

JayWood2010 said:
paulrage2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
paulrage2 said:

Yeah, you are right.  It isnt fair to compare a 23 week old game to a 5 week and 4 week old game.....

What are you doing is the same thing like compare Call Of Duty sales with Dynasty Warriors sales. Nothing change! Is not because GOW is the biggest Hack and slash game that change something. You are comparing a genre of game that sell the most with another genre that sell a lot less. I don't see meaning on what are you doing.

paulrage2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
paulrage2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
paulrage2 said:

What are you doing is the same thing like compare Call Of Duty sales with Dynasty Warriors sales. Nothing change! Is not because GOW is the biggest Hack and slash game that change something. You are comparing a genre of game that sell the most with another genre that sell a lot less. I don't see meaning on what are you doing.

So you are telling me that god of war games dont sell well? Are you telling me Gears doesnt sell well?  

JayWood2010 said:
paulrage2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
paulrage2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
paulrage2 said:

So you are telling me that god of war games dont sell well? Are you telling me Gears doesnt sell well?  

He's just saying it's not especially surprising.  If he told you GT was released 6 months ago and Forza last month, and Forza was being outsold weekly, it wouldn't be particularly shocking.  But I guess these are the big recent games.

Around the Network
pezus said:
And while Gears and GoW are big, Halo is much bigger. Not to mention that GoW and Gears are prequels while Halo 4 is a mainline game that just got an official price cut. Wasn't it more relevant to have Goldeneye in the title like you did before?

im tired of seeing the prequel crap as an excuse.

Halo Reach has sold 9.41m
GT Prologue had what 4m?  That is a demo
The new Tomb Raider (Reboot) is already coming up on 2m
Then you have Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Revelations which both sold more than 4m (one platform)

Their is successes in the game industry that is a spinoff, prequel, and not numbered sequels.  Gears and God of War is just not as good as the previous installments and people know this.  The excuses are getting real old.

The reason i put it in the title is because it is amazing a 23 week old game is selling better than a 5 week old game that people was predicting to hit 3-5m by the end of the year.  Also Halo 4 has been hitting 40K all month.  not just the week of the price cut.

Update: Halo 4 passes Wii Party this week and sells 37,000 to reach 175,000 sold for the month of April.

I didn't know Wii Party existed :p
Halo 4 is a beast, I bet many people would an always connected Xbox 8 just to play Halo 5...

JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
And while Gears and GoW are big, Halo is much bigger. Not to mention that GoW and Gears are prequels while Halo 4 is a mainline game that just got an official price cut. Wasn't it more relevant to have Goldeneye in the title like you did before?

im tired of seeing the prequel crap as an excuse.

Halo Reach has sold 9.41m
GT Prologue had what 4m?  That is a demo
The new Tomb Raider (Reboot) is already coming up on 2m
Then you have Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Revelations which both sold more than 4m (one platform)

Their is successes in the game industry that is a spinoff, prequel, and not numbered sequels.  Gears and God of War is just not as good as the previous installments and people know this.  The excuses are getting real old.

The reason i put it in the title is because it is amazing a 23 week old game is selling better than a 5 week old game that people was predicting to hit 3-5m by the end of the year.  Also Halo 4 has been hitting 40K all month.  not just the week of the price cut.

And I'm tired of your ignorance and obvious bias.

1. God of War: Ascension is better than every game you listed other than Tomb Raider and browsing around the internet you'll see it is probably the most liked game out of your list (except Tomb Raider). Halo: Reach gets a lot of hate and is the most hated game outside of Halo: ODST in the series, AC: Revelations is probably the most disliked game in the series outside of the first game and AC: Brotherood is mostly considered weak too. Gears of War: Judgment is mostly hated too so I'll let you have that one.

2. Halo: Reach's marketing budget was even bigger than Halo 3, the budget for the game was probably 3 - 4 times larger than GoW:A/GeoW:J which not only ensures that the team had the resources and time to make it as 'good' as possible but that the marketing would also ensure it would sell just as well as a mainline Halo game would.

3. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue isn't a prequel, what's your point? It was a very cheap taster of the full game, too extensive to just be called a demo.

4. Both those Assassin's Creed games are well known to have had an army of developers working on them and huge marketing budgets, hardly fair to compare one of the biggest (the biggest?) new IPs this generation to 2 poorly marketed exclusive games with a March release at the end of the generation and one of them is in a very unpopular genre.

5. Tomb Raider isn't really doing that well considering it's obviously had a much larger budget than GoW:A/GeoW:J explaining why even at 2 million sales isn't satisfactory enough for Square Enix whereas Sony/M$ have probably already made back some profit on both GoW:A & GeoW:J.

And how do you decide what is a success and what isn't? God of War: Ascension is a hack 'n slash game that sold 1m+ in 3 weeks on one console that launched at a terrible time (end of gen) with terrible marketing worldwide. Nothing else on a single platform has achieved sales anywhere near that in the genre, only MGR:R & DMC4 compare if you combine their sales on both platforms. It'll probably sell at the very least 3m lifetime and has a high chance at passing 4m+ (easily so if mass bundled for black Friday/holidays) in it's lifetime which would make it just as successful as everything in your list except Halo 4.

Even though Gears of War: Judgment is a massive flop, especially since it's in a very popular genre, it'll still sell at least 2.5m lifetime with a high chance at passing 3m. More than most exclusives this generation, so is it still a failure? Probably not, just a massive decline from it's predecessors and has ruined the franchises reputation massively.

And speak for youself, just because GoW:A isn't as beloved as it's predecessor which is the most beloved, bestselling and most acclaimed game in its genre ever doesn't mean a lot of people don't like God of War: Ascension because the vast majority do infact like/really like the game. Just look at the average review scores from the public on GameStop 8.5/10, Amazon 8.4/10. It's Gears of War: Judgment alone that the vast majority of people hate with the average score at Amazon 5.6/10 & GameStop 5.9/10.

And by the way, Halo 4 had its first big price cut to $40 on December 10th 2012, it then went back up to about an average of $45 from mid-March to early April where it went back down to $40 on the 8th April 2013. Since then it has been $35 all month until last week where it dipped to $28, a.k.a. explaining why the game can still average the 40K a week you're getting excited about. http://camelcamelcamel.com/Halo-4-Xbox-360/product/B0050SYX8W

God of War: Ascension is a pice of shit deal with it tontus. It is justified that the game fails and that the sales are bad.