By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW&HW Up ! 30th March 2013

UK & Germany up.

Some weird things going on with the hardware. Everything up in Germany; everything EXCEPT Wii-U up in UK.

They also used the bottom end of estimate's for Lego City numbers in UK (I seem to remember something like Barozi's post in the UK top 40 thread last week saying it was between 9k-13k in the UK, or something like that).

Around the Network

The WiiU not getting a boost in Europe this week does not really surprise me. Lego games are no-where near as popular in Europe as they are in the US. Most Lego games only sell about half as much (if that) in the EU as they do in the US.

Kresnik said:
kitler53 said:
i'm confused. i though lego city launched in europe in this weeks numbers yet i'm seeing no bump in hardware and no software sales either..

what did i do wrong?

Wii-U is actually down 1k in Europe on last week's numbers.

Vita is up 1k in NA and 2k in Europe.

I genuinely have no idea what is going on here anymore.

Many retailers in Europe had the WIIU on sale the previous week without the sales even Legos couldn't keep WiiU from falling even if just slightly. 

pezus said:
WiiU is actually up by ~200 units in Europe this week. Not down

They've adjusted last week's numbers, apparently:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=157791&page=1

Gamerace said:
Conegamer said:
Gamerace said:
PS3/360 still have very impressive sales for what are frankly ancient systems by console standards.

3DS still selling well in Japan, but I'd say underperforming in NA/PAL.

WiiU numbers are up! I'm surprised. Apparently on the strength of Lego City as I don't see MH3U on the list. Still very low overall but at least is should finish the quarter a smidge over PS3's sales from it's launch and save some face.

That was all last week.

??

WiiU's sales are up over last week's boost (58,378) which is surprising as I expected sales to immediately drop back to 30-40k range.  The boost is all Japan (did some new game launch?!?   But very good hold in NA.   PAL region just doesn't like WiiU it seems.

Dragon Quest X
Game & Wario

Around the Network
cmeese47 said:

Many retailers in Europe had the WIIU on sale the previous week without the sales even Legos couldn't keep WiiU from falling even if just slightly. 

Well, that would go some way to explaining it at least.

These numbers are illogical!

I know Costco and Bestbuy also had WIIU deals the week before in the US but I am not sure how big either of those two are in the overall US market place for consoles.

I cant help but think the north american 3ds numbers are a little low considering luigis mansion 2 did big numbers plus pokemon mystery dungeon. They undertracked last month to the tune of 20k per week and that was without any big releases unless you count fire emblem.

Nice PS3 performance in 2013.