By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which third party dev treated core Wii gamers the best?

I'd have to go with SEGA. I actually enjoyed a couple of their Sonic titles, as well as NIGHTS, and they were the only ones willing to publish some riskier investments on the Wii as well, such as MadWorld and The Conduit. Even if neither really blew audiences away, it was nice to see at least one publisher give them a chance.

Hmm

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
Yeah Capcom. We got Okami and MH3.

And the two megaman games.

the only good third-party games came from Capcom and SEGA, Ubisoft put out shit games except for Red Steel 2

D-Minaj225 said:
the only good third-party games came from Capcom and SEGA, Ubisoft put out shit games except for Red Steel 2

I'd say Tecmo-Koei, Climax, Cing, Grasshopper, Vanillaware, Eurocom, and Treyarch gave some good ones as well.

And I'd agree with the Ubisoft comment, except that I'd add Rayman Origins and Shaun White Snowboarding. ;)

What about Xseed for North America? They published Rune Factory Frontier, Little King's Story, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower among other games. More importantly, they didn't treat the Wii as a second-class citizen like Capcom.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
What about Xseed for North America? They published Rune Factory Frontier, Little King's Story, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower among other games. More importantly, they didn't treat the Wii as a second-class citizen like Capcom.

At least they treated us like Citizens in the 1st place.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
theRepublic said:

At least they treated us like Citizens in the 1st place.

Who?  Capcom?  Almost everything was a "test" game with them, and two of their best Wii games were just ports.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Xxain said:
People are giving CAPCOM waaay to much credit for their Wii support. Yea, They brought monster hunter but does anybkdy remember CAPCOM never living up to RE game for Wii? How about Street Fighter 4 for everything including IOS but Wii? How about that stupid four player Wii game? How about Shoddy Dead Rising? .... CAPCOM did shit for Wii. Im shocked that you would put all that behind you because of MH a game CAPCOM never really cared to the west which is Nintendo had to pick up the slack.

Only fault of SEGA was Generations.

how about judging the companies on what WAS put out and not what YOU wanted put out.