By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which third party dev treated core Wii gamers the best?

SEGA.

Around the Network

Capcom or Sega..in fact Sega did ok on Wii with sales of Sonic games (around 24 million i believe). Which seems even more baffling that they didnt make a version of Sonic Generations on Wii.

Gamerace said:
Capcom gave Wii Monster Hunter Tri, RE4, RE:DC, RE:UC, Okami, Zack & Wiki and Capcom vs Tatsunoko and uh... Spyborgs But left Wii without RE5/6, DMC, or Castlevania (except WW) and ported a half-ass Dead Rising (not sure if that's a plus or minus)

Activision did alright bringing all but MW2 over to Wii from CoD, plus Goldeneye but that was it for core (unless you count Guitar Hero or the various Spider-man titles which were some of the best Wii ports actually). Sins include the unfinished Quantum of Solance and a lot of crap titles.

For Ubisoft - Red Steel 1/2, Driver PL/SF, PoP:RS/FS, Tenchu, No More Heroes 1/2, Splinter Cell, Rayman Origins, so more than Capcom or Activision, plus they gave Rabbids and Just Dance (love them or hate them, they helped define Wii). Of course they also gave us one of the ugliest ports ever in Farcry: Vengence, no Assassin's Creed and a whole lot of crap, but they were hardly alone in that. Plus they were brave enough to port Dog Island.

Someone will say Sega but although MadWorld and HoTD:Overkill were rated M and marketed as 'core' they were a 13 yr olds idea of mature. And someone else would have picked up Conduit. They dabbled in core and then quickly ran away. Sonic Colours was their highlight.

EA can hang it's head in shame as far as 'core' goes. But Tiger Woods and NHL Slapshot were brilliant on Wii.

I don't think anyone else is worth mentioning here.

Castlevania is from Konami, not Capcom. Otherwise I agree with most of your anaylisis.

Ubisoft was a great publisher for the console in the west, just with No More Heroes 1 and 2 localization they won for me, but they own developments for the console were lackluster. You also have to include the Wii version of Prince of persia Sands of Time, that is also very nice.

Sega and Capcom.

Developer? I guess Mistwalker. They made one good solid original game.

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
Gamerace said:
Capcom gave Wii Monster Hunter Tri, RE4, RE:DC, RE:UC, Okami, Zack & Wiki and Capcom vs Tatsunoko and uh... Spyborgs But left Wii without RE5/6, DMC, or Castlevania (except WW) and ported a half-ass Dead Rising (not sure if that's a plus or minus)

Activision did alright bringing all but MW2 over to Wii from CoD, plus Goldeneye but that was it for core (unless you count Guitar Hero or the various Spider-man titles which were some of the best Wii ports actually). Sins include the unfinished Quantum of Solance and a lot of crap titles.

For Ubisoft - Red Steel 1/2, Driver PL/SF, PoP:RS/FS, Tenchu, No More Heroes 1/2, Splinter Cell, Rayman Origins, so more than Capcom or Activision, plus they gave Rabbids and Just Dance (love them or hate them, they helped define Wii). Of course they also gave us one of the ugliest ports ever in Farcry: Vengence, no Assassin's Creed and a whole lot of crap, but they were hardly alone in that. Plus they were brave enough to port Dog Island.

Someone will say Sega but although MadWorld and HoTD:Overkill were rated M and marketed as 'core' they were a 13 yr olds idea of mature. And someone else would have picked up Conduit. They dabbled in core and then quickly ran away. Sonic Colours was their highlight.

EA can hang it's head in shame as far as 'core' goes. But Tiger Woods and NHL Slapshot were brilliant on Wii.

I don't think anyone else is worth mentioning here.

Castlevania is from Konami, not Capcom. Otherwise I agree with most of your anaylisis.

Ubisoft was a great publisher for the console in the west, just with No More Heroes 1 and 2 localization they won for me, but they own developments for the console were lackluster. You also have to include the Wii version of Prince of persia Sands of Time, that is also very nice.

Snap, what was I thinking with Castlevania.  O_o

Ubisoft ported PoP: Rival Swords (two thrones) and created the excellent Wii exclusive PoP: Forgotten Sands (Hd version was different and rated lower) - which is what you're thinking of I believe - both of which I mentioned.

People are giving CAPCOM waaay to much credit for their Wii support. Yea, They brought monster hunter but does anybkdy remember CAPCOM never living up to RE game for Wii? How about Street Fighter 4 for everything including IOS but Wii? How about that stupid four player Wii game? How about Shoddy Dead Rising? .... CAPCOM did shit for Wii. Im shocked that you would put all that behind you because of MH a game CAPCOM never really cared to the west which is Nintendo had to pick up the slack.

Only fault of SEGA was Generations.

Xxain said:
People are giving CAPCOM waaay to much credit for their Wii support. Yea, They brought monster hunter but does anybkdy remember CAPCOM never living up to RE game for Wii? How about Street Fighter 4 for everything including IOS but Wii? How about that stupid four player Wii game? How about Shoddy Dead Rising? .... CAPCOM did shit for Wii. Im shocked that you would put all that behind you because of MH a game CAPCOM never really cared to the west which is Nintendo had to pick up the slack.

Capcom gave quite a few games, Resident Evil was out of the picture for the Wii because the graphics were way behind. Last gen standards compared to where capcom wanted to go directionwise.

Sega, you got House of the Dead ports, the brilliant but overlooked Overkill,The Conduit series while generic was at least given a shot, a flawed sequel to NiGHTs and various other games that traditional gamers would like but sadly didn't support that well outside of Sonic.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xxain said:

Capcom gave quite a few games, Resident Evil was out of the picture for the Wii because the graphics were way behind. Last gen standards compared to where capcom wanted to go directionwise.

Oh gawd no. The reason Wii did not get or got few proper games from CAPCOM had NOTHING to do with graphics(This is Japanese developer). CAPCOM like many other developers were under the impression that Wii did not have the market for their games. This is proven by games like RE4, both the on rails RE, Zack and Wiki and I believe Tatsunoku vs CAPCOM being "test" games. Not to mention IOS got SF4 and 3DS( which spec wise is the same ball park as Wii) got a proper RE, SFIV, and Monster Hunter. CAPCOM did not want to support Nintendo and it had nothing to do with tech.