By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 13 ( March 25-31)

I think i predicted 22k for Wii U, Yay me!

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:

OMG Muramasa. Opens higher than Dragon Quest X, and almost double the opening of the Wii game: [WII]Muramasa: The Demon Blade 23,900 (2009.04.06). I thought this one would bomb for sure!

digital figures might be impressive too. 

Is this the last of the Vita's major releases until Toukiden?

Impressed by Muramasa! Awesome numbers, to be honest. Also guys, don't forget that all PS Vita releases have their digital counterpart, so these sales are always higher.

teigaga said:
Is this the last of the Vita's major releases until Toukiden?

PhotoKano in April & Valhalla Knights in May.  They're both moderate releases at best, but I could see VK perhaps doing as well as Muramasa did this week.

June has that Hyperdimension Neptunia Idol game + Toukiden.

Around the Network

Encouraging signs for Wii U and Vita alright. Good, even if SW is lacklustre.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Very solid week again for Vita. I think anything above 25k is "OK". The DQX sales are solid but not amazing. The Wii U rise is nice, but I thought it might even hit 30k. Then again, this is only the one day sales for DQX, not a full week. Next week will probably be solid for Wii U too. It's a nice sign.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
gigantor21 said:
The DQX numbers are pretty eh, considering how much DQVII sold in 4 days. I didn't expect it to match that rate but I sure as hell expected more than 33k. Like kitler, I'm surprised that those kinds of software sales were enough to double the Wii U and put it above the PS3.

Still, it's an encouraging sign. Let's see how long it lasts.

The Vita's numbers are down, but still way above pre-price cut levels. Still waiting to see how it settles.

Well, DQ X is bundled with the WiiU IIRC.

As for the vita expect it to be down in early weeks of April or next week. Spring break is over. I am expecting a drop from all consoles. AFAIK these are a dry weeks for Japan until the Golden Week ( correct me if I am wrong ).  

Yeah, that's why I'm wondering how it'll do long term. There aren't any blockbuster Vita releases out for a while now AFAIK.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Luigi rocking the chart like a boss! And Animal Crossing is a real monster.

DQX lower than my expectations, well should've known after the weekly numbers form japanese retailers.

Now, it will be a dry April.

I don't really like Tsutaya. COMG may be misleading sometimes but I find it more accurate. Just saying.