By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 13 ( March 25-31)

How did we missed this:

30./29. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800) - 5.947 / 2.001.246 (+18%)

Legs, and milestones.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
I don't really like Tsutaya. COMG may be misleading sometimes but I find it more accurate. Just saying.

OMG, Boutros, you are soo biased~!

OT: Luigi's Mansion 2 really held quite nicely. Seems like it'll dip below 100k next week, though. And what's with those "sell through" charts? I thought LM2 was sold out? (Or does the red mark mean that?)

Nice catch benao87.

Hope MK U does as good as the 3DS version!

DélioPT said:
Nice catch benao87.

It'll also boost the sales for the Hardware, the Wii U did good this Week in Japan but is nowhere near the amount they need... Still it's something. Hope the Wii U can hit the 40k range soon. :l I Don't like to see a console failing.

NeroPrototype said:
DélioPT said:
Nice catch benao87.

It'll also boost the sales for the Hardware, the Wii U did good this Week in Japan but is nowhere near the amount they need... Still it's something. Hope the Wii U can hit the 40k range soon. :l I Don't like to see a console failing.

It will! If a port and game like G&W can make sales go up, MK U will do the same and by a lot more.

It`s just too bad that these releases came out pretty much at the same time. Would be wiser to create some momentum to build confidence in the machine. That way it would be easier to elevate sales weekly.

I don`t think anyone likes to have games to play on one week and then having to wait months or months for another release.

Around the Network
jonnybmk said:
Are the Vita and 3DS the same price in Japan now?

Not quite although the 3ds LL and the Vita are close in price. The Vita is 19,980 yen for both models (wifi and 3g, previously were 24,980/29,980 yen). The original 3ds is 15,000 yen and the 3ds LL (aka XL) is 18,900 yen.

The 3ds includes an AC adapter/charging stand/2gb sd card.

The 3ds LL doesn't come with an AC adapter/stand, but includes a 4gb sd card.(official price of an AC adapter is 1,000 yen)

The Vita comes with an AC adapter, but no memory card. (official price of the cheapest card is the 4gb card at 2,200 yen)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

benao87 said:
How did we missed this:

30./29. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800) - 5.947 / 2.001.246 (+18%)

Legs, and milestones.

New Super Mario Bros 2 is close to crossing 2 million as well. MC: 1.980.388/ Famitsu: 1.995.947

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"