By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (WiiU reaches 3m) WiiU Prediction. Will not sell less than 8m total units by 2014

Last I heard it was 3.45mil

Around the Network
MegaDrive08 said:

Is that shipped?  Where did this information come from?

I just searched in google how many WiiU sold, not sure if that's shipped or not though, can't wait until it's on the main page so we can see where it's at better

3,035,473 units lifetime. Tomorrow Nintendo will announce that the Wii U will stop production. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
MegaDrive08 said:

Is that shipped?  Where did this information come from?

Nintendo, and shipped yes. Sold is likely close to spot on here, maybe slightly overtracked. I suggest you keep using VGChartz figures since you based your prediction on that.

I am.  I was just curious if there was some kind of adjustment that was needed for VGC.

Around the Network

They will reach 6M sold by december, they will have the biggest competition ever seen this holydays: Next gen consoles and current gen consoles with price drops.

JayWood2010 said:

EDIT:  I do want to point out that the WiiU sold 2million this holiday which means it was averaging 250,000 a week.  That is with pretty much no games.

Launch console and at the time, it did have games.  A few exclusives, some ports, and a lot of multiconsole titles.  The Vita sold well around its first few weeks of launch and that wasn't even during the holiday season.  Just wait until this holiday when the Wii U isn't a launch console and we'll see if the sales happen to hit numbers as good as launch numbers. 

I really don't expect the Wii U to get eight million by the end of the year.  It's around 3.5m right now and its holiday launch was 2m.  The PS4 and Next Box as new consoles are going to overshadow it as well as cheap consoles like the PS360, plus the 3DS which is more than likely going to sell the most.  Let's just say by some chance the Wii U sells two million in November and December.  It needs to sell 2.5m from now until October, which with the way it's going right now I don't see happening. 

My prediction is the Wii U is going to be seven million or less by 2014.

8 million by 2013 would mean that the Wii U only sells 5.5 million in 2013. I think it will do much better, even better then your 11 million (8.5 in 2013) high prediction. I think this game will sell 7-12 million units in 2013 alone.

So I think Wii U will have 9.5-14.5 million sales by January 2013. Quote me, bet me, do whatever you like, but if 2 of the following release this year, I think Wii U will be successful in meeting my prediction.

Mario Kart 8
Super Mario U
Wii Fit U
Wii Party U/Mario Party X

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

kupomogli said:
JayWood2010 said:

EDIT:  I do want to point out that the WiiU sold 2million this holiday which means it was averaging 250,000 a week.  That is with pretty much no games.

Launch console and at the time, it did have games.  A few exclusives, some ports, and a lot of multiconsole titles.  The Vita sold well around its first few weeks of launch and that wasn't even during the holiday season.  Just wait until this holiday when the Wii U isn't a launch console and we'll see if the sales happen to hit numbers as good as launch numbers. 

I really don't expect the Wii U to get eight million by the end of the year.  It's around 3.5m right now and its holiday launch was 2m.  The PS4 and Next Box as new consoles are going to overshadow it as well as cheap consoles like the PS360, plus the 3DS which is more than likely going to sell the most.  Let's just say by some chance the Wii U sells two million in November and December.  It needs to sell 2.5m from now until October, which with the way it's going right now I don't see happening. 

My prediction is the Wii U is going to be seven million or less by 2014.

X360

November 2005 -  350k
November 2006 - 850k
December 2005 - 830k
Decmber 2006 - 2m

PS3 

November 2006 - 390k
Novmber 2007 -  860k
December 2006 - 1m
December 2007 - 2.2m

Wii 

November 2006 - 530k
November 2007 - 1.7m
Decmber 2006 - 2.4m
December 2007 - 4.3m

All these consoles launched in November(unless i read it wrong).  As you can see they all had a much higher 2nd year than 1st year.  This is because people are now aware of these consoles mainly because there is more games in the 2nd year.  3rd year is stronger than 2nd year.  When it comes down to it, the launch year is always one of the lowest selling years.

you mean 14 :D

my prediction is 9-10 mil.

games are coming maybe even a price cut its going to be a good year

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.