By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - games with bad endings

adriane23 said:

Mass Effect 3 - An otherwise good game.
L.A. Noire - I made a thread about it.
Vanquish - An otherwise great game.
Modern Warfare 3 - The whole story was bad, but the ending made me laugh hysterically.
Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within
Assassin's Creed 3

I'm sure there are more, but it'll take me a while to remember the other bad ones.

yeah the worst ones aren't necissarily where something bad or weird happens (ME3) but sometimes just nothing noteworthy seems to (Vanquish, MW3, AC3)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Prime 3.

Samus acting all melodramatic and don't tease Prime 4 if the follow up is going to be Other M.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
Prime 3.

Samus acting all melodramatic and don't tease Prime 4 if the follow up is going to be Other M.

How was she melodramatic? She didn't break down and cry, or monologue like an insecure teenager like in Other M, she just took a moment to reflect on her fallen colleagues. She was calm and composed.

Mass Effect 3
Borderlands 2

There's a lot more, but those are the ones I remember atm.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Asura's Wrath, i just don't buy it!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

finalfantasy vii, cloud didn't ask tifa out!!! :@ UGH

Zack & Wiki

The last four levels of that game are awful. The game only has 24 levels, so I guess that is not just the ending...

But it is baaaaad.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Most of the endings of the 8-bit-era (I especially remember Shinobi on Master System...) and the first Tomb Raider! The games was so hard to beat and the ending was so bad, I never touched it again...

Ha. I can't believe no one, NO ONE has mentioned Dark Souls. Seriously.

Those endings you've mentioned are nothing in comparison with Dark Souls' two endings. They're HORRIBLE. THEY'RE INSULTING. It's a slap to the face at the player.

One would think that after everything you went through, the ending would be the ultimate reward of the game. Or, at least, a good closure. WELL IT IS FUCKING NOT. It's a 15-second ending without text, without songs or anything (the "evil" ending at least has a small monologue, but pretty disappointing anyways.), without emotion, without anything. Then the credits roll. You wait, just hoping that after the credits, something goes on. But no, nothing - except that you're back at the beginning of the game (New Game +)-.

Mass Effect 3 ending is astonishing in comparison, my buddies. I mean, Dark Souls is probably one of the best games I've played, ever. But the ending is just plain disastrous.

Deus Ex
Dishonored
Batman Arkham City
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 4
Skyrim

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey