By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - games with bad endings

Deyon said:

Halo 2. I hate cliffhanger endings.

Agreed. I have probably never been that pissed at any other video game ending. (Not to mention how terribly it connected with the Halo 3 opening.)

Also OT: Unlike many others, I really don't mind the Mass Effect 3 ending. Sure, making the catalyst appearing as a child was a bit silly, but other than that I think everything unfolded perfectly.

Halo 2 really is the only game that comes to my mind.

Around the Network
Deyon said:

I agree. Halo 2 had a great goodbye between the Master Chief and Cortana, but the game was one level short and you could tell. I loved the game, but it just cuts off.

I'm hoping that that if we get a Halo Trilogy for the Nextbox they will fix the ending. The 4 issue comic "Halo: Uprising" tells the story of what Master Chief does after saying "I'm here to finish the fight" at the end of Halo 2 leading up to the opening of Halo 3. It's an awsome ministory and it would have been an epic level to play through.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo:_Uprising

Maybe if we are really lucky 343i will finish the ending to Halo 2 so the begining of Halo 3 will make more sense.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Deyon said:

Agreed. I have probably never been that pissed at any other video game ending. (Not to mention how terribly it connected with the Halo 3 opening.)

Also OT: Unlike many others, I really don't mind the Mass Effect 3 ending. Sure, making the catalyst appearing as a child was a bit silly, but other than that I think everything unfolded perfectly.

Halo 2 really is the only game that comes to my mind.

I liked the ending to Mass Effect 3. I think the complainers totaly overreacted. They didn't get the ending they wanted so the cried like children about it.

This video pretty much sums up how I feel about the people that lost their shit over the Mass Effect ending:

Mass Effect 3 no doubt. I dont know how anyone could screw up an ending so badly.

Dishonored. Deus Ex. I really liked Deus Ex but hated the push button ending.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Rainbow Six Vegas
Shellshock Nam '67
Borderlands
Ratchet and Clank F: TOD

Just a few but man were they turrrabul.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Bioshock, the game became tedious and boring after the plot twist was revealed two-thirds through. The end game boss was too easy.

metal gear solid 4, the wedding and nano machine

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Mass Effect 3 - An otherwise good game.
L.A. Noire - I made a thread about it.
Vanquish - An otherwise great game.
Modern Warfare 3 - The whole story was bad, but the ending made me laugh hysterically.
Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within
Assassin's Creed 3

I'm sure there are more, but it'll take me a while to remember the other bad ones.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

These are games I like, there's probably much worse endings, but I didn't care about them, because I didn't care about the game.

Metal Gear Solid 4. As above, Meryl's wedding to captain diarrhea and nanomachines

All of the Deus Ex's... The first two had a little bit more traversing to get the different endings, but Human Revolution atleast had commentary pertaining to how violent/not violent (each of the 4 endings had 3 different commentaries) you were during the course of the game, and the endings only unlocked if you traversed to said guys before the final boss, but then gave you buttons. Still they all were anticlimactic to fantastic games.

Knights of the Old Republic II, even with the restored content. There were good parts of the ending, but it had logical errors, and the level I include in the ending is aweful.

I for some reason didn't mind Mass Effect 3's ending, but I didn't like the story in Mass Effect 3 at all, so that's probably why.