By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which series do you prefer? Zelda or Mario?

I like Mario as a series better, but Ocarina of Time is by far the greatest game ever made. Nothing compares to it.

Around the Network

Im starting to feel lonely

Edit after reading a few posts after this one: Never Mind

the answer is quite simple: Zelda.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Zelda. I don't like platformers and I like adventure-games. So that's easy. But I really do like zelda games. At the moment I play Phantom hourglass, it's really great.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mario hands down, I grew up playing Mario, Zelda is terrific as well but...

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

I vote Mario. For a long time Zelda was my favourite series, but, like pokemon, I feel that recent editions have persisted with the traditional formula at the expense of innovation.

The Mario series is generally more experimental. Even OoT was less innovative than Mario 64, which IMO, was the true pioneer, and a forerunner of OoT in many respects.

Zelda.

1,2,3,4,5, Ha! A mod cannot ban me cause thats five letters!

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Mario was my first love, but then Link came along and bitch-slapped him across the face. I haven't looked back.

Mario easily. Super Mario Brothers 3 > OoT

Give me a M, "M".
Give me a A, "A".
Give me a R, "R".
Give me a I, "I".
Give me a O, "O".

That's right beeeeeeeeee-yatches.
That spells MARIO.