By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Most Wanted U beats PS3/360 versions

Hynad said:
curl-6 said:
Hynad said:
curl-6 said:
Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

So less than five months to:

- Re-optimise the game for new and unfamiliar hardware.

- Improve and modify the graphics.

- Come up with and implement Gamepad features.

- Add extra content.

- Get the game approved, published, and shipped.

They didn't improve the graphics. It is based on the PC version. ¬_¬

Also, where did you get this "less than 5 months" figure?

The modified night time lighting isn't based on the PC version.

And in interviews they talked about not really coming up with ideas for it until after members of the team had bought Wii Us for themselves over the holidays, and about how they used dev tools not available at the time of the launch.

Source?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aqNUG05auQ

"We sat down at the end of the year, once we'd taken a break, and that was a great opportunity for the Wii U team to sit back, take a look at the work that's been done, and really push ourselves to think: how can we make this game new and improved, and also unique to Wii U?"

Also talks about how co-driver mode came about through: "Those of us having the console at home, playing with our wives, our families, our sons and daughters."

He makes it sound like they didn't start really planning how the port would play out until holiday 2012.

They don't say the porting process was done in less than five months... In fact, the video actually indicates that it took much longer than that.

If they were still planning stuff at the end of 2012, and the final devkits weren't out until around that time, then we can't really chalk the game's graphical superiority up to more development time. Especially since the PS3/360 versions essentially had 5/8 extra YEARS of optimization on PS3/360 through the Criterion's previous games on those systems.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
ToraReaper said:

Wow shocking news! A "next gen" console surpasses a console has a superior version of a game... honestly nintendo is pathetic at hardware. To JUST inch ahead of 6 year old consoles is pretty sad.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Your comment is really funny and I expect comments like that.  Nintendo is either WEAK AND SHITTY ALL THE TIME and people deny that their old consoles are inferior (which is JUST NORMAL!!!!) and when they finally see their consoles really and obviously are inferioir its always  OH WOW   GREAT JOB  NINTENDO YOUR CONSOLE IS BARELY MORE POWERFUL THAN XXX YEAR OLD HARDWARE  HERE YOU GET A COOKIE AS PRIZE.

Lol really? 

Who do you think comes up with most of the comparisons?  Who are the ones caring about WiiU hardware the most? The people that want to bash it and then when the Nintendo fans  use that to show that the WiiU is not crappier than PS360 its  LOL WHY DO YOU EVEN COMPARE WIIU TO OLD HARDWARE OF COURSE ITS BETTER?  

Total Kindergarten style of thinking.

Do you know what this type of behaviour is called? Its being scared (of competition.)   You know like "The smallest dogs bark the loudest" (they have to compensate something)

Wat. I didnt say anything about the Wii U except for it's hardware. I love Nintendo, but I also think its sad that they don't design more powerful hardware. The hardware is bad, its a fact, it wont stop my from buying the wii u, and this has nothing to do with my gaming preferences. 

ToraReaper said:
JazzB1987 said:
ToraReaper said:

Wow shocking news! A "next gen" console surpasses a console has a superior version of a game... honestly nintendo is pathetic at hardware. To JUST inch ahead of 6 year old consoles is pretty sad.

~Mod Edit~

-Smeags

Your comment is really funny and I expect comments like that.  Nintendo is either WEAK AND SHITTY ALL THE TIME and people deny that their old consoles are inferior (which is JUST NORMAL!!!!) and when they finally see their consoles really and obviously are inferioir its always  OH WOW   GREAT JOB  NINTENDO YOUR CONSOLE IS BARELY MORE POWERFUL THAN XXX YEAR OLD HARDWARE  HERE YOU GET A COOKIE AS PRIZE.

Lol really? 

Who do you think comes up with most of the comparisons?  Who are the ones caring about WiiU hardware the most? The people that want to bash it and then when the Nintendo fans  use that to show that the WiiU is not crappier than PS360 its  LOL WHY DO YOU EVEN COMPARE WIIU TO OLD HARDWARE OF COURSE ITS BETTER?  

Do you know what this type of behaviour is called? Its being scared (of competition.)   You know like "The smallest dogs bark the loudest" (they have to compensate something)

Wat. I didnt say anything about the Wii U except for it's hardware. I love Nintendo, but I also think its sad that they don't design more powerful hardware. The hardware is bad, its a fact, it wont stop my from buying the wii u, and this has nothing to do with my gaming preferences. 

It's not a fact, it's your opinion.

curl-6 said:
ToraReaper said:
JazzB1987 said:
ToraReaper said:

~Mod Edit~

-Smeags

Lol really? 

i think he meant the hardware is under powered, thats a fact.

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ToraReaper said:
JazzB1987 said:
ToraReaper said:

~Mod Edit~

-Smeags

Lol really? 

Not a fact either, it depends on one's expectations power wise.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ToraReaper said:
JazzB1987 said:
ToraReaper said:

~Mod Edit~

-Smeags

Lol really? 

Not really. Considering the 30W that the Wii U draws, I would actually consider it over powered based on the results it has shown graphically-wise.

RazorDragon said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ToraReaper said:
JazzB1987 said:
ToraReaper said:

~Mod Edit~

-Smeags

Lol really? 

Not really. Considering the 30W that the Wii U draws, I would actually consider it over powered based on the results it has shown graphically-wise.

my point was for a console released in 2012 its very under powererd.

ninjablade said:
RazorDragon said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ToraReaper said:
JazzB1987 said:
ToraReaper said:

~Mod Edit~

-Smeags

Lol really? 

Hardware being focussed on being small, cool, quiet, reliable, backwards-compatible, and power-efficient rather than bleeding-edge powerful doesn't necessarily make it "bad".

curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
RazorDragon said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ToraReaper said:
JazzB1987 said:
ToraReaper said:

~Mod Edit~

-Smeags

Lol really? 

Hardware being focussed on being small, cool, quiet, reliable, backwards-compatible, and power-efficient rather than bleeding-edge powerful doesn't necessarily make it "bad".

did i say it was bad.

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
RazorDragon said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ToraReaper said:

did i say it was bad.

No, you didn't. ToraReaper did, I was referring to his post. My point is, if he considers it bad for not being as powerful as the PS4 or a high-end PC, that's fine, it's his opinion, but it doesn't make the hardware being "bad" a "fact", as he claims it is.