Gameboy Advance 16 2.50%

DS 11 1.72%

Virtual Boy 219 34.22%

Total:640
curl-6 said:
enditall727 said:
curl-6 said:
enditall727 said:

then why would you try to sell Starfox Adventures short by trying to say that you only put cogs into the slots and what not? like you can't be fucking serious with that..

the combat didn't break the flow

at the end of the day,  the flight segments wer still better

- Because it's a prime example of why Adventures' puzzles fall short.

- I'd say having to stop and fights guys in tedious 1v1 breaks the flow.

- I'm gonna disagree; the worlds of Banjo et al were built with flight in mind and in a hand-crafted way. By comparison, the flights in Adventures were just a repetitive jumble of asteroids, items, and simple enemies.

Try not to take it so personally, I just have a different opinion on a game to you.

it falls short because there are times where you put a cog in a slot? how does that make it fall short?

it doesn't break the flow at all

nah the flight segments in Starfox were better than in Banjo Kazooie

i'm just trying to understand your reasoning

No, it falls short bcause the puzzles aren't clever.

Stopping to engage a group one at a time certainly breaks the flow, it slows things down too  much in addition to just being boring.

In BK flight took place in organic environments designed around it. In Adventures, it took place in shot, overly simplistic mishmashes of a few basic objects.

hmm..

idk what to think about what you're saying because you basically attempted to lie a few posts back

it seems more that you having something against this game because it was "Starfox Adventures" instead of being "Starfox 64" on gamecube

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
curl-6 said:
enditall727 said:
curl-6 said:
enditall727 said:

then why would you try to sell Starfox Adventures short by trying to say that you only put cogs into the slots and what not? like you can't be fucking serious with that..

the combat didn't break the flow

at the end of the day,  the flight segments wer still better

- Because it's a prime example of why Adventures' puzzles fall short.

- I'd say having to stop and fights guys in tedious 1v1 breaks the flow.

- I'm gonna disagree; the worlds of Banjo et al were built with flight in mind and in a hand-crafted way. By comparison, the flights in Adventures were just a repetitive jumble of asteroids, items, and simple enemies.

Try not to take it so personally, I just have a different opinion on a game to you.

it falls short because there are times where you put a cog in a slot? how does that make it fall short?

it doesn't break the flow at all

nah the flight segments in Starfox were better than in Banjo Kazooie

i'm just trying to understand your reasoning

No, it falls short bcause the puzzles aren't clever.

Stopping to engage a group one at a time certainly breaks the flow, it slows things down too  much in addition to just being boring.

In BK flight took place in organic environments designed around it. In Adventures, it took place in shot, overly simplistic mishmashes of a few basic objects.

hmm..

idk what to think about what you're saying because you basically attempted to lie a few posts back

it seems more that you having something against this game because it was "Starfox Adventures" instead of being "Starfox 64" on gamecube

How did I lie?

And I enjoyed many games like structures similar to Adventures, like RARE's N64 collectathons and Zelda. I've also enjoyed many games that deviate from their predecessors, like Resident Evil 4 and Yoshi's Island. I just didn't find Adventures to be well made at all, outside of its flashy graphics.

theRepublic said:
Michael-5 said:

Maybe, but I beat Metroid 1 without a strategy guide in I believe 20-30 minutes when I was 13 and Metroid Prime released (had the GBA-GCN cable, which unlocked Metroid 1 when you own Prime and Fusion).

Your first time?  Are you sure you are remembering right?  The best speed runs I could find are right in that 20 - 30 minute range (http://speeddemosarchive.com/Metroid.html).  And that is for people that know exactly what to do.  It is very easy to get lost in that game, so a first time play through would take hours and hours.

I had a map LOL, maybe it was 30-40 minutes, and I skipped a boss, but still.

I dunno, I think NES might have just been before my time. I think a lot of NES games would have made excellent hand held games, and GB ports/sequels are amazing. Link's Awakening, Metroid 2, Wario Land/Super Mario Land, etc. All great. I just need saves in my games, especially for a game as long as Super Mario Bros.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

NightDragon83 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Immortal said:
Tie between the N64 and the PlayStation.

Least favorite Nintendo console.

Well, the PlayStation started life as a CD add-on for a Nintendo console, so I'm going to allow it lol.

But that add-on never released. It was actually because the project was scrapped before completion and given to Phillips that Sony made the Playstation.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

curl-6 said:

How did I lie?

And I enjoyed many games like structures similar to Adventures, like RARE's N64 collectathons and Zelda. I've also enjoyed many games that deviate from their predecessors, like Resident Evil 4 and Yoshi's Island. I just didn't find Adventures to be well made at all, outside of its flashy graphics.

Did you like Assault or the Original?

I hated Assault, I felt it was too dumbed down, but I liked the original. I wish Starfox 2 had released here.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
curl-6 said:

How did I lie?

I hated Assault, I felt it was too dumbed down, but I liked the original. I wish Starfox 2 had released here.

Assault was really bland and lacklustre to me.

The SNES original is amazing, it's a really underrecognized game in my book. I actually prefer it to Starfox 64.

And Starfox 2 is superb, it's criminal that it was never released. You can find a beta of it ROM online that's playable start to finish, though still a tad buggy.

Gameboy Micro and DS Lite are missing from the list. Both separate models from what's listed.

Virtual Boy shouldn't count since it was discontinued right away. Anyone who picked that copped out.

My choice is Gameboy. Worst screen in the history of electronics. No backlight, and it was almost necessary to use a magnifying accessory. Uncomfortable to hold, and just big and ugly all around.  And I can't remember any worthwhile games outside of Tetris. Worst Nintendo console by far.

curl-6 said:
Michael-5 said:
curl-6 said:

How did I lie?

The SNES original is amazing, it's a really underrecognized game in my book. I actually prefer it to Starfox 64.

And Starfox 2 is superb, it's criminal that it was never released. You can find a beta of it ROM online that's playable start to finish, though still a tad buggy.

I gotta give the originals more of a chance. I played them well after 64, and the simple answer is they are hard. Fun hard though.

I've played Starfox 1 and 2 for the SNES, but never completed either (mostly because 64 is a remake of 1). I should give them a try again.

BTW, I still liked Starfox Adventures. It was different, and one of Rare's last great games.

TheShape31 said:

Gameboy Micro and DS Lite are missing from the list. Both separate models from what's listed.

Virtual Boy shouldn't count since it was discontinued right away. Anyone who picked that copped out.

My choice is Gameboy. Worst screen in the history of electronics. No backlight, and it was almost necessary to use a magnifying accessory. Uncomfortable to hold, and just big and ugly all around.  And I can't remember any worthwhile games outside of Tetris. Worst Nintendo console by far.

Yeah, I can see the longest-lasting Ninty console ever also being the worst.

April fool's!

Oh wait... it's after midnight.  You were being serious, weren't you?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Michael-5 said:
curl-6 said:
Michael-5 said:
curl-6 said:

How did I lie?

I gotta give the originals more of a chance. I played them well after 64, and the simple answer is they are hard. Fun hard though.

I've played Starfox 1 and 2 for the SNES, but never completed either (mostly because 64 is a remake of 1). I should give them a try again.

BTW, I still liked Starfox Adventures. It was different, and one of Rare's last great games.

I played the original on SNES before the N64 even came out. I like its old-school hardness, and that so many little things about it were cooler than SF64; your teammates actually died instead of just dropping out for repairs, making saving them more important. Levels like Macbeth and Fortuna were a lava cave and a varied dinosaur-and-dragon-ruled landscape instead of just a factory planet and a snowball respectively. The music was more epic. Slippy didn't sound so annoying.

I personally see Adventures as the beginning of the end for RARE, but to each their own.