By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW 23rd march up. USA & EU SW

So God of War releases last week and PS3 sales go down. Gears releases this week and 360 sales go down, no hardware boost for either? come on..

Around the Network
pezus said:
Where is NFS:U? It would be shameful to see Criterion not be rewarded for their apparently great work on the port.

its number 67 on the USA charts. pretty sad, since the game is amazing.

platformmaster918 said:
I know it's been asked before, but why the hell are 360 and DS still on sale in Japan? I mean 100 units is hardly worth it and 500 doesn't seem so either.

i was actually going to ask the same thing about the 360, but then i thought that wouldnt be at all good for the launch of the 720. even if MS arent making any money at all in japan they need to stay in the market and have some presence, even if its not noticable, they still need to be there. i dont think it would be smart to discontinue the 360 before 720 even launches there

the 3DS is destroying everying including the wii u

animegaming said:
the 3DS is destroying everying including the wii u

Japan is single-handedly keeping the handheld game market alive.

Gooooooooo Japan!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Wii U took out the vita this week! Booya!

..... So depressing....

Vita outsold Wii U this week taking the usual numbers of media create : 41k in Japan

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
spurgeonryan said:
Wii U took out the vita this week! Booya!

..... So depressing....

Vita outsold Wii U this week taking the usual numbers of media create : 41k in Japan

dont matter cuz then NPD shows up Wii U probably still beat it by 5k, if not more

bananaking21 said:
platformmaster918 said:
I know it's been asked before, but why the hell are 360 and DS still on sale in Japan? I mean 100 units is hardly worth it and 500 doesn't seem so either.

i was actually going to ask the same thing about the 360, but then i thought that wouldnt be at all good for the launch of the 720. even if MS arent making any money at all in japan they need to stay in the market and have some presence, even if its not noticable, they still need to be there. i dont think it would be smart to discontinue the 360 before 720 even launches there

I feel like things were as good for MS as they're going to get this gen in Japan considering the head start and all the Japanese centric exclusives they got at the start of the gen.  They really pushed there and it didn't even make a dent (ok it did better than Xbox 1 but still not worth all the money they spent for those games).  Just like with all territories they won't have as much of a price or date advantage, and they'll have many less exclusives this go around unless they feel like moneyhatting will work for some reason this time.  Why even bother?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Wii U boost due to games and/or UK price cut?

Probably, i hope so with all these games released.

Too bad there is no reliable source for Europe :/

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m