By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 4 revealed: 17 Minutes of Gameplay

lestatdark said:

Unless your laptop comes with an in-house OC software, stay away from laptop GPU OC. Laptop GPUs usually get really hot, really fast, and any kind of OC will just kill your GPU. Even so, I wouldn't recommend OC your GPU in any circumstance, even with a refrigerator board. Throttling your CPU is fine, as well as a bit of OC on it too. 

And yes, you do gain a bit of FPS on Skyrim. With Turbo mode on Throttlestop, I usually get around 30 - 35 FPS on Ultra with ENB and FXAA injectors on Skyrim (biggest drop is on Markarth, it goes down to 25). I recon Vanilla Skyrim would go up to 50 easily, even in caves.

Awesome.

Thanks a lot for the info.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
hinch said:
Euphoria14 said:
hinch said:
Euphoria14 said:

Would that cause vanilla Skyrim on Ultra gain in fps? I currently stand ~30-40 at times and drop into the mid 20's when in caves or stuff is going on.

I also hear I can OC my GPU to get 660M performance, but not sure how safe that is.

Unless you have a laptop cooling pad I wouldn't advise it. They run hot as it is without OC'ing.

After 10-20 minutes of Skyrim my GPU hovers around 65-70c.

Running a little high, but that seems fine. You can always up the GPU core speed and see if it raises the temp.

If you do want to do overclock on your laptop though.. you should really invest in a laptop cooler with a large fan, and set it on high when gaming. Makes a world of difference.

Indeed. I plan on getting a cooler for it.

Any suggestions?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

@Euphoria14

Maybe this one? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834989182
Seems like a pretty good cooler ( review here - http://www.eteknix.com/zalman-zm-nc3500-plus-notebook-cooler-review/ )

Graphics are amazing, a decent step up from Battlefield 3. Gameplay didn't look all that great though, it's like an interactive Micheal Bay movie, events were so over the top.

Who gives a shit about the singleplayer...the campaign in 3 really sucked. So did the campaign in Bad Company 2. I don't trust them at all.

Around the Network
pezus said:
One clean cut with a knife and it's through the entire leg? Bullshit, lol.

i believe there was not much left to cut, at least no bone anymore^^

yeah, more of the same with better graphics! modern war scenario is like world war 2 a decade ago, way overdone.

I Love IT!!!

I'll play as the female.

After watching again its clear only last part with woman looks next gen.