By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 4 revealed: 17 Minutes of Gameplay

Around the Network

so here is a issue. at the beginning of the video they were in the car all the windows were locked and no water was coming in. at the end of the video the window was open, he actually bent out of it to shoot the helicopter

Nsanity said:

this is so cool... scope and iron sight in the same gun... nice...
i think i will wait and buy the premium edition cause i don't want to spend 100 in one game (looks like EA, sadly, ain't changing the business model on BF4, same as BF3)... my backlog will help ease the wait.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

How is this even possible? The detail and fluidity of animations of the character models for example. Unbelievable realism.

And I loved the pacing of what was shown of the SP campaign, much slower and realistic than other military shooters (not that I ever will play the SP campaign anyway cause BF is all about MP).

I love this quote:

'As artists and craftspeople, we are focused on creating a dynamic, open design that brings people together with amazing, surprising unscripted moments that they'll talk about for days. That's the beauty of Battlefield."'

The only negative thing about this is that only CGI Quality's PC will be able to run the game with these graphics.

I was impressed by the graphics but not much else in that demo. Since I'm more of a SP guy I'll probably skip this but have fun guys!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
Current Gen and PC only ?

How did you draw that conclusion? I sure hope not! I'd rather have it the other way for pushing as fast as possible adoption of next gen consoles.

Euphoria14 said:
I wonder what the minimum specs are for this.

I hope I can at least handle it on low settings.

A classic quote from people who do their gaming on a laptop.

O_O!!! SOLD!!!!

Slimebeast said:
Euphoria14 said:
I wonder what the minimum specs are for this.

I hope I can at least handle it on low settings.

A classic quote from people who do their gaming on a laptop.

Hey, that's PC discrimination . I'd have you know that my laptop can handle almost any game you throw at it fully maxed out while still keeping a playable FPS (25 - 30 FPS). Even now, i'm playing Starcraft II: HoTS in Ultra and it never goes below 25, even on night maps with tons of fighting going on. And Crysis II with the Ultra HD texture pack was also played at an almost constant 30. 

The tough thing about laptops is keeping up to date with GPU drivers, because you're almost always locked to the manufacturers drivers which are always years outdated, unless you do some tinkering of your own with Leshcat drivers (which, when it goes wrong, can force you to completely install the OS from the start). If you have updated drivers, you'll see a huge gain in FPSs in almost any game.

OT - The game looks amazing and it'll probably be the best looking game when it releases but maybe because it's still an early build, I noticed some weird physics in some parts of the video, especially around the explosions when there was rocks involved. They seemed to only blow upwards even when the explosions were sideways and such. 

I tried Battlefield 3, but didn't get much into the campaign myself since I found it a bit boring, but the MP was a very solid experience. Will probably try this new BF.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Nsanity said:

that soldier's gear must be hard as hell look at thos sparks when the car hit him

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.