By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag GAMEPLAY TRAILER!

I predict this game's metascore to be under 75.

Around the Network

Mostly likely will get this on the PS4. That collectors edition looks pretty nice.

meh. I guess fans of this will buy it. But I dont see it any better than AC3

SecondWar said:
Honestly, this looks set to be the most boring Assassin's Creed to date. All the others had either an interesting setting or a way of continuing the story in a way that kept you engaged. This one you're sailing around the Caribbean, but I can't of any interesting events or 'major points in human history' that have happened there, especially not in 1715.

I agree. The historical connection in Assassin's Creed games is really important to me. But still I thought this trailer seemed nice beacuse of great vistas and the special AC atmosphere.

pezus said:
teigaga said:
pezus said:
nnodley said:
Is this ps4 gameplay? Some parts look really good, but others not so much.

Almost definitely PS3/360 footage, with cutscenes in-between

Really? This looks like the PC/PS4 version to me. Its not amazing but still a bit too well rendered for ps3/360. You have to remember that this isn't a native next gen title. It will not look amazing on PS4, or at least not comparable to any of the 1st party efforts we've seen so far.

Remember what call fo duty 3 looked like when it launched on Xbox 360.

Edit: Just watched it again. Its 100% PC/PS4. Current gen consoles cannot push that out.

I would think that they could actually use some AA on PC/Next-gen consoles when doing trailers. There was a lot of shimmering at times, too. Watch the AC3 trailers again, they all looked amazing too.

If it was ps3/360 footage it would officially be the best looking game of this gen lol. Anyways it been confirmed to be from the PC build

http://www.pixelenemy.com/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-gameplay-footage-was-from-the-pc-version/

Around the Network

It looks fantastic, really really can't wait, though I was one of those "weird" people who liked AC III

I will be pre-ordering the stupidly over the top version with a statue

Amazing - I love pirates and they did a great job to combine it with AssaCreed as it looks like.

it looks like far cry 3. Not that I'm complaining.

ishiki said:
it looks like far cry 3. Not that I'm complaining.

Far Cry 3 didn't have cool pirates

Honestly, not that interested.....

I was pretty disappointed with Assassin's Creed 3. The Haytham part in the early part of the game was nice and had a good twist, but the rest of the game fell flat.

Desmond's story was also extremely underwhelming and that's before Assassin's Creed 3 ending. There was some great potential, but they really dropped the ball there.