By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 can be the rpg console of 2008

xbox is infamous ofr being overloaded with fps and putting no attention to the platformers and little to the rpgs

i think 2008 will change that

it has a good variety of western rpgs

fallout 3, fable 2(exclusive), too human(exclusive)(not full rpg but heavy rpg elements), and possible mass effect 2(likely exclusive)

for Jrpgs

the last remnant, infininate undiscovery(exclusive), and lost oddyssey(exclusive)

these titles may even go head to head with the ps3 white night chronicles and ff13

this will be a huge step for the xbox fully breaking into this genre

Around the Network

I don't think we will see Mass Effect 2 this year.
You're right that they're doing a pretty good job at the HQ in Redmond to bring us so much rpgs.

I really hope that they can give us a good Mmorpg this year!

[

@thibje
i remember microsoft giving mistwalker permission to make one but not a word on it yet

Cry on could maybe see a 08' release too.

it's no different than 07, with Trusty Bell and Blue Dragon. and what did they do on Xbox?

Let's face it, Xbox will NEVER be a place RPG hardcore gamers look for JRPG games, the sooner Microsoft gives up and focus on what they do best, the better they will be.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

plenty of nice rpgs for everyone then. i'm sure there's gonna be more that just haven't been announced yet. another killer year for 360 in terms of software is on the horizen.

In 2007 the 360 seemed to have the most software, some of which was great, but a ton of good-but-not-great software. That's the kind of thing that won it for the PS2: some great software combined with a lot of good-but-not-great software.

And yet somehow the PS3 managed to outperform the 360 in 2007, basically selling the same amount (which was unexpected). As the software gap closes, one has to wonder how console sales will fare.

Here is an RPG thread for the PS3 that I made over at ps3forums....(56k killer)

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=121071

I have a 360 too and was thinking about making one for it....would anyone be interested? The 360 definitely seems like it will improve on the original xbox's RPG line-up.

Only reason I haven't made one for the 360 yet is most people who own a 360 don't seem to care too much about RPG's...(I love them, just can't find too many others that do!)

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

well it definetly is not the focus of the system, but it is still a genre that needs attention. while it will never be the true hard core jrpg system most developers consider making there games multiplatform so if there is some kind of fanbase on it for the 360 it will have plenty of 3rd party rpgs. and i think it easily wins in western rpgs because of the computer game develpers like lionhead and bioware who decided to make games on xbox

dante said:

xbox is infamous ofr being overloaded with fps and putting no attention to the platformers and little to the rpgs

i think 2008 will change that

it has a good variety of western rpgs

fallout 3, fable 2(exclusive), too human(exclusive)(not full rpg but heavy rpg elements), and possible mass effect 2(likely exclusive)

for Jrpgs

the last remnant, infininate undiscovery(exclusive), and lost oddyssey(exclusive)

these titles may even go head to head with the ps3 white night chronicles and ff13

this will be a huge step for the xbox fully breaking into this genre

The Last Remnant is a PS3 game aswell, which is more likely to sell better on the PS3 then 360